• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

3x3 assembled in 14.76 seconds

DavidWoner

The Punchmaster
WCA
2008WONE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
wow, thats really good, never would'v e thought t odo it like that, mustve been a loose cube tooo

well its the type A i use for speedcubing(i only have 1 diy) and i usually keep it tuned really tight since i am an aggressive turner. however, i did loosen the yellow side by a bit, to make LL insertion easier, but it is still quite tight. i think it's better to have a tight cube for this to prevent misaligning. the reason LL insertion is so easy is because i am inserting over an opening in the F2l(notice how the last 2 pieces were so hard? no opening underneath). my method goes:

2 Opposite cross pieces
2 Opposite cross pieces
1st F2l pair
2nd F2l pair
3rd F2l pair
4th f2l corner(no edge)

insert over 4th F2l slot in this order:
single edge
corner+edge
corner+edge
corner+edge

rotate cube and insert final corner+edge pair(last LL corner + missing F2l edge)

it took forever to develop a consistent and fast cross method, which i will keep kind of secret for now.(its hard to see in the video)

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Wow, that must take a bit of practise! But you do have all the pieces nicely set up in front of you. It'd be more of a challenge if they were a complete mess.

H

hdskull

That's what I do except, I insert the C/E pair of F2L together, and 3 pieces at a time on the last layer and 2 edges last.

Rama

WCA
2006TEMM01
Hmm, never tought of leaving the last edge piece out of the F2L, it can help me with assembling my cube after lubing it. Thanks for the tip! :D