• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

So, i bought the maze stickers.... what a nightmare

DAE_JA_VOO

img_8165.jpg

img_8169.jpg

How the HELL do you solve this thing? I have no idea where to even start!

immortalcube

GOD that looks hard! My best guess on how to solve it would be look at what it should look like solved, and use like colored tape or stickers to mark sides, like colors on a normal cube, then solve it regularly...

DAE_JA_VOO

Yes but that would defeat the object of the exercise completely. If i look at the photos i took, i can solve it very easily, but if i try to solve it without any assistance, i have absolutely no idea how to even start.

shelley

chang
WCA
2004CHAN04
GOD that looks hard! My best guess on how to solve it would be look at what it should look like solved, and use like colored tape or stickers to mark sides, like colors on a normal cube, then solve it regularly...

That's no fun. If he wanted that, he would have just put normal color stickers on.

DAE_JA_VOO

Well yeah, that's one way to do it, but that wouldn't be solving it. That would be reading the solution.

I want to find a way to actually SOLVE it, the way we solve our 3x3x3's ;)

jonny guitar

Someone gave me a sudoku cube. I think I've figured out how to solve it in my head, but it's going to take a pencil and paper and a lot of inspection.

Sudoku cubes are way easier than you think they are. Once you realize that the orientation of the numbers really only allows most of the cubes to go in one place it becomes very easy to solve.

jonny guitar

Hey, there is more than one solution to this cube so it a fraction easier than you think :p I would start with the center and work out in one direction with the two edges and the corner and go from there to the 2 layer edges and center of that corner, then into a 2x2x3 block -- I think this is called the Petrus method and I think it will be the easiest. Good luck dude!!!

Harry

Hey, there is more than one solution to this cube so it a fraction easier than you think :p I would start with the center and work out in one direction with the two edges and the corner and go from there to the 2 layer edges and center of that corner, then into a 2x2x3 block -- I think this is called the Petrus method and I think it will be the easiest. Good luck dude!!!

The problem is he doesn't even know the center......:rolleyes::rolleyes:

shelley

chang
WCA
2004CHAN04
Man, that is a nightmare. At least with sudokubes you can use the orientation of the numbers to figure out which pieces go where. With this any piece can go almost anywhere. And if you get lost it's hard to figure out where you were and what you've solved. I had that problem with a cheap sudokube, when I'd get lost in the middle of an algorithm because it jammed or a piece popped. I imagine that's ten times worse for the maze cube.

jonny guitar

Has anyone found a solution by hand?

I am sure that lots of people have...it is hard but not impossible. I read somewhere on twisty that there are quite a few (like over 10) possible solutions so I am pretty sure that it can be done with time and effort; the question is whether you can develope a system for a faster finish the 2nd time or whether it is strictly fluke solves.

Johannes91

Has anyone found a solution by hand?
I am sure that lots of people have...it is hard but not impossible.
There have been a few topics about this, but I don't remember hearing that anyone has found a solution. It's possible of course, but very boring. I can't think of anything significantly better than the obvious brute-force: Start somewhere and keep adding new pieces to the cycle, backtrack when you can't continue.

the question is whether you can develope a system for a faster finish the 2nd time or whether it is strictly fluke solves.
Well, if you always solve to the same position, it's easy to memorize it and solve quickly.