• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Favorite 3x3x3 Speedcube

What is your favorite type of 3x3x3 for speedcubing?

• Rubiks.com White DIY

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rubiks 25th Anniversary Cube

• Rubik's Deluxe

• Rubik's Game

• Total voters

dougreed

Originally posted by Scott@Mar 17 2006, 10:48 PM
Where do you get the studio cubes, I've heard those are good.
Ton used to sell studio cubes. I don't think he is any more, though...

I have a Rubik's DIY and a White DIY that I use every now and then, but I still think the Rubik's Games are the best ones I've ever had. The tiles are just so fricken awesome.

-Doug

pjgat09

Originally posted by PJK@Mar 19 2006, 01:38 AM
Cubesmith.com is a great place to by stickers from for any cube, I would highly recommend them anytime.
And to dispell the rumors, you do not need a credit card to pay cubesmith. I recommend them for their quality and their speed of delivery.

mizzle

I have two DIY's, one of each color. Neither are tuned, and the white isn't even assembled. I've never needed them. I still use a plain pre-25th anniversary cube I bought from Wal-Mart in 2004. It's the best cube I've ever played with.

cubekid

WCA
2005UPAD02
yea, as of right now, i'm still using a 25th anniversary. i like the arched corners... since i never can pop with it :) . though i am getting my white diy tomorrow.. so we'll see which one i like better.

nascarjon

WCA
2003MORR02
My best 3x3x3 is a combination of two different cubes. The axis and screws are from a 1980's cube, but the corners, edges, and centers are from a 25th anniversary cube. My second and third best cubes are my Rubik's Game cubes.

skeneegee

I like the 25th cubes because they're easy to get, you can try before you buy(in the store), and no shipping charges.

yumology

How lucky do you have to get when ordering a DIY. Do they all spin the same or are some faster than others?

And is there any real difference between white and black DIY cubes? (besides obvious color)

dougreed

The black DIY cubes have arched centers, while the white ones do not. As far as I know, the point of the DIY is to be able to customize it so that no DIY is a bad cube.

-Doug

Alberto_R_O

For my without any doubts the best cubes for speedcubing are the studios. I have 3 studio cubes.Before the studio cube i used to use a 25 aniversary and a diy but nothing compare with studio :rolleyes: