• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Speedcubing in Sydney

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
A desperate plea!!

To all Sydney cubers, myself and a friend are coming to Sydney this weekend. We had sleeping plans organised, but those plans have self-destructed on us and we have nowhere to stay!! I have looked everywhere, but everything is booked out or super expensive.

So please, if anyone can offer us a place to stay, even if it is on the floor, please reply asap!

Thanks in advance for any help.

Dene

NEONCUBES

Dene I would love to offer you a place to stay. But I'm sure my parents would not like to have a group of people that they don't know staying with us. Also Bryson where is your tournament at the AMF place or the other bowling place in Campbelltown? Am I the only local Campbelltown cuber? I hope not.

WCA
2011AZZO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Dene I would love to offer you a place to stay. But I'm sure my parents would not like to have a group of people that they don't know staying with us. Also Bryson where is your tournament at the AMF place or the other bowling place in Campbelltown? Am I the only local Campbelltown cuber? I hope not.

its finished now I was in leumeah

WCA
2011AZZO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
guys we should have a meet-up during the holidays! I would pefer after new years as I have like only a few free days before then. also we can discuss what events and everything for kurri kurri 2014! that's right im making sure im having it next year! don't have any dates and would like everyone else inputs too :)
who would come to the meet up?
me
Richie
Nathan seeto?
kirt?
neoncubes?
YddEd?
hugo? don't think he has speedsolving but I can keep him updated if he wants to attend
jackwilton? same thing as hugo
nadercuber?
if I missed someone anyone is welcome to come! we need to organize a date for the meet up any suggestions?

MadeToReply

WCA
2012LIMR01
guys we should have a meet-up during the holidays! I would pefer after new years as I have like only a few free days before then. also we can discuss what events and everything for kurri kurri 2014! that's right im making sure im having it next year! don't have any dates and would like everyone else inputs too :)
me
Richie
Nathan seeto?
kirt?
neoncubes?
YddEd?
hugo? don't think he has speedsolving but I can keep him updated if he wants to attend
nadercuber?
if I missed someone anyone is welcome to come! we need to organize a date for the meet up any suggestions?

Hoihoi chicken boi, why don't I get a question mark and everyone else does.

Nader Cube

WCA
2013YOUS01
Hi fellow cubers, i haven't been cubing well since mid last year and in trying to get back to what i did good in. in having trouble getting proper (dayan cubes) speedcubes in Sydney. I wanted to know if there are any cube shops in Sydney instead of online shops because right now in having trouble buying things online.Also i hope once i get cubing there will be more competitions in Sydney and that i do well in the future.

Nader Cube

WCA
2013YOUS01
me
Richie
Nathan seeto?
kirt?
neoncubes?
YddEd?
nadercuber?
Suprising you rembered me saying that i haven't cubed or been on the forums for ages. Yeah i could make it on the holidays, i have no cubes because i lost them and haven't cubed for a while so cant figure out anything. Really and im not sure if i can buy cubes online. If you guys can do a meetup not in fhs city because its hard to get to if you could do it at like Hurstville, Roselands , Miranda or whatever somewhere local that would be good.

Nader Cube

WCA
2013YOUS01
Suprising you rembered me saying that i haven't cubed or been on the forums for ages. Yeah i could make it on the holidays, i have no cubes because i lost them and haven't cubed for a while so cant figure out anything. Really and im not sure if i can buy cubes online. If you guys can do a meetup not in fhs city because its hard to get to if you could do it at like Hurstville, Roselands , Miranda or whatever somewhere local that would be good.

Hi guys I'm back haven't cubed for a year and just order heaps of unfold speedcubes from the website zcube and since I haven't cubed for a year I'm getting back into it so when I stopped I was sub-20 I hope I don't have to get back to sub 25. Saying that when will the next competition in Sydney be because there hadn't been a cube competition in Sydney for ages.

megaminxwin

Current Clock NR Holder
WCA
2010MACA01
Hi guys I'm back haven't cubed for a year and just order heaps of unfold speedcubes from the website zcube and since I haven't cubed for a year I'm getting back into it so when I stopped I was sub-20 I hope I don't have to get back to sub 25. Saying that when will the next competition in Sydney be because there hadn't been a cube competition in Sydney for ages.

If you want to organise one, then go ahead. These things only happen when someone organises them.

andojay

WCA
2010javi01
Hey guys,

Earlier this month I was contact by Gunther Hang who a professional portrait photographerr, website here.
Gunther would like to take some photos of some speedcubers cubing for his portfolio.
In exchange for taking photos he can offer the digital files and 6x4 printouts

I've mentioned Australian Nationals in August, I expect he'd like to take photos earlier

If anyone in the area is interested please email him mentioning you can solve a Rubik's cube and this post.
Just his details on his website