• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Improvements for M2/R2

Lucas Garron

Administrator
WCA
2006GARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
At Stefan's stuff:

The inverse, too, if the second piece has the nice setup?
Also, how's UF for a flipped easy setup?

And this could make FU (and BD) comms more thoughtless:
DF > FU > FL : U' L' U ( D [M', U R2 U'] D' ) U' L U

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
The second time was btw one quarter turn off (in the middle of the solve) and took six minutes. Today I did another solve, success in five minutes. At this rate of improvement, I just need four more attempts to be world class.

Inusagi

I understand hes method, but not these improvements. I can't find an explanation of his improvements on hes site...:(

AvGalen

Premium Member
Rotterdam (actually Capelle aan den IJssel), the N
WCA
2006GALE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
edit: Stefan, do you remember saying you would buy me a v-cube for my birthday?

What? Do I even know you?
Yes, you know him. The three of us have met last monday like we do every week. We even let you win a couple of games to make you feel better. That is when you realized you wanted to give both of us some nice presents like those V-Cubes and some other stuff that we will discuss again because I really don't need another flying pony.

We don't mind that your memory is getting worse. It makes you more fun to be with. Now if only you could remember that you should quit smoking....

:D

Inusagi

Ok. But I still got a question. How would you solve the cube with that method, if it's scrambled like this:
U2 M' U2 M M' U' M' U' M' U2 M U' M U' M U2

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ok. But I still got a question. How would you solve the cube with that method, if it's scrambled like this:

For what it's worth, here's how I solve that one in a normal BLD solve: an 8 move commutator with a setup move:

B' U' R' U M' U' R U M B (or B' [U' R' U, M'] B)

In M2, it would look like this.

M2 M2 F R U R' E R U' R' E' F'

But there's the obvious cancellation. :p

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Would you mind sharing your algs with us? I mean for M2 there are quite some algs for the bad edges around. But I have never seen any for the two bad R2 cases.

For the two bad R2 cases I pretty much use the algs I used to use for orienting, just changed by an R2 move.

The algs I've switched to:
FU: D M U R2 U' M' U R2 U' D' M2
BD: M2 B' U' R' U M' U' R U M B
BU: U R' U' l U' R U M2 U' R' U l' U R U'
BRU: (R' U R2' U' R2 U' R' U) (R U R' U') (R2 U' R2 U R2')
RUB: (R U R2' U' R2 U' R' U) (R U R' U') (R2 U' R2 U)

Oh and last night I did my next attempt, success in four minutes (actually went from 5:04 to 3:57). So the one-minute-improvement-per-attempt continues. Are you scared yet?

blah

brah
What happens at the competition after the next? He'll create his own negative time BLD solving competition (c.f. Macky's), and win it.

But there's the obvious cancellation. :p
For r2 I don't do the cancellations, I'd really just do r2 twice, even if it sounds and looks stupid. Reason: Can't think ahead. Reason for that reason: I'll forget whatever I was doing. Reason for that reason for that reason: My concentration sucks.