• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Sebastián Pino Castillo Clock WRs Invalid

Kirjava

Colourful
WCA
2006BARL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
From the WCA Forum;

Fellow members of our community,

After examining evidence presented by various WCA competitiors, and examining evidence independently gathered by the IAC, we have determined that Sebastián Pino Castillo manipulated WCA scrambles and gained an unfair advantage in WCA competition. The WCA will take the following actions:

1. All results for events that utilize WCA scrambling for 2009CAST02 for events where 2009CAST02 was acting WCA delegate will be removed.
2. 2009CAST02 will be ineligible to participate in WCA events for two years, and will be eligible to participate again on June 1, 2013.
3. 2009CAST02 WCA delegate status will be revoked.

Mr. Pino has been cooperative with this process, and the WCA finds no reason to doubt the authenticity of records for anyone other than
himself. Instituto Nacional 2011 will still be held on June 11, 2011, and the WCA will be working with the organizer and other members of
the Chilean cubing community to ensure that the event is held to WCA standards.

Regards,

World Cube Association
Tyson Mao

A lot of people have thought something has been wrong for a while. Thanks to Daniel Sheppard and the IAC for investigating.

When you watch the videos back, this explains a lot.

Shouts to David Woner (6.25 Single) and Yu Sajima (7.53 Average) who have their current world records returned.

WCA
2010YUPH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm looking at Sebastian's posts in this thread: http://www.speedsolving.com/forum/s...k-s-Clock-New-WR-5.05-Sebastian-Pino-Castillo

Wasn't there that time where some random Chilean guy or his judge reported a WR single (don't remember if that was by accident)? To me, the fact that he manipulated the scrambles and posted as if his record was legitimate is more telling of his behavior than his "cooperation". It could just be an attempt to avoid heavier consequences.

Last edited:

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
The Chilean cubers are starting to lose my respect... :(

1. Why?
2. As far as I know, the WCA got the allegations of him cheating from Chilean cubers, and they helped with the investigation.
3. Why don't you lose respect for let's say male cubers, since he's a male cuber? In fact, all convicted cheaters so far have been male!!!

JackJ

WCA
2009JOHN05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well, one main reason is a few months back I remember a thread being made claiming the new 3x3 WR single had been broken by a Chilean. While I personally didn't buy into it, it did fool a few people. Anyway, I do think I catagorized the Chileans into a group of cheaters, which was wrong. I apoligize.

Cool Frog

Well, one main reason is a few months back I remember a thread being made claiming the new 3x3 WR single had been broken by a Chilean. While I personally didn't buy into it, it did fool a few people. Anyway, I do think I catagorized the Chileans into a group of cheaters, which was wrong. I apoligize.

Tends to happen when you take actions of a few and apply it to a large group.