• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How I Solve Centers on 4x4x4 BLD

calekewbs

WCA
2011PUGH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
thanks mike! I just got into 3x3 bld and am borrowing a friends 5x5 so I thought, hey why not try that... and the edges seemed easy... but then I got to the centers. lol and had no idea how to tackle that beast. So thanks a ton!!!

ilikecubing

WCA
2011KULS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I really want to learn this and I prefer written tutorials,but this is 4 years old.I'm sure a lot of stuff wud have been updated and advanced methods must have come,so is this tutorial really worth reading now in May 2011? Or this method is still decently fast.

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
I really want to learn this and I prefer written tutorials,but this is 4 years old.I'm sure a lot of stuff wud have been updated and advanced methods must have come,so is this tutorial really worth reading now in May 2011? Or this method is still decently fast.

I still solve this way. I can get sub-7 times fairly regularly with it, and the primary reason I'm still slow is because I'm slow at wings; my centers are much faster than my wings.

The improvement that goes beyond this is simply to go straight for BH centers. That's superior - it will cut off a move or two per pair, on average. But it's a pretty minor difference.

wontolla

WCA
2011GRAJ01
YouTube
Visit Channel
i know it took really long to do this, but can u put a 4x4 bld tutorial on youtube? it's hard to understand written tutorials for me. sry

I suggest you rephrase your requests in the future. You will get little help if you sound like a lazy a$$. What will become of you when youtube is gone? Seriously.