• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Shared travelling and other ways to make competitions more accessible

r_517

Premium Member
WCA
2009WANG19
if visa is ok, i may arrive at London on March 26 and stay in London for about one week. the average cost for one night in hotel is rather high, and it's a bit far from Bristol coz the comp starts very early. so i wonder if anyone who also goes to the comp has a vacant place at home for me to stay on March 26 and 27 ;) i'd greatly appreciate it:)

I would say stay at mine, but I'm afraid I am full up now :( sorry. I'm not sure there are other cubers in Bristol that will have space. Most of them do not live in the area.

thank you very much anyway:) i just read the information on ukcubemaster.com/accomodation, maybe i will stay there for a couple days:)

CharlieCooper

Premium Member
WCA
2007COOP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ok so Arnaud don't worry about Joey, Chris, Chris, Teemu or me as we have a plan to get to the venue on Friday afternoon, which involves getting the train. Still expect visitors Thursday night though, we just made the travelling situation easier!

r_517

Premium Member
WCA
2009WANG19
just received an email from British Embassy:D the visa is done:D i'll pay the registration fee as soon as i receive my passport. i wonder if i can get it today. post here's rather slow. if it cannot be sent today i will have to wait for another 2 days:confused:

A

andyt1992

Hello everyone,
I have kindly been offered a position at the bristol open in march to sell some cubes at the event.
However, i have no way of getting there / back and have nowhere to stay.

So if anybody is going from / doesn't mind going through manchester and has a spare seat in their car please could you PM me or post a message here so i can hopefully get to the open.

Also if anyone has a place to sleep, even a tent or a floor near the venue could you do the same please as a hostel isn't viable when carrying tonnes of cubes around.

PS i am willing to contribute towards petrol costs to and from the event.

Thanks,
Andy

iSpinz

WCA
2010INKJ01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Jason Ink

Competition/Meeting details: Indiana Open 2010, Feb 27
Offering: Drive to and from the comp
Requesting: Money to pay for some gas.
Departure to venue: Feb 27 early morning.
Departure from venue: Feb 27 after the comp ends.

Preferably around the Chicago land area. PM me or something.

Last edited:

AvGalen

Premium Member
Rotterdam (actually Capelle aan den IJssel), the N
WCA
2006GALE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ok so Arnaud don't worry about Joey, Chris, Chris, Teemu or me as we have a plan to get to the venue on Friday afternoon, which involves getting the train. Still expect visitors Thursday night though, we just made the travelling situation easier!
You are a magnificent Personal Assistant Charlie. See you Thursday next week! We have LOTS of catching up to do (and I need to hide some rejected clothes and find the white rug)

iChanZer0

WCA
2009PARK03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Competition/Meeting details: Reno/Lake Tahoe Winter 2010 Cube Competition
Requesting: Ride to and from competition
Offering: $30-50 of gas money
PS: If you are going through Sacramento it will be perfect.

coolmission

WCA
2009SPAN01
Competition/Meeting details: Benelux Open 2010
Offering: A car with 3-4 spare places.
Requesting: A place to stay for Saturday night, and Friday night (optional)
Departure to venue: Feb 19th if I can stay at somebody's place on Friday night, else Feb 20th in the morning.

Shack

WCA
2009SEVE01
Competition/Meeting details: UK master 2010
Requesting: place to stay somewhere in the UK (preferred some between Bristol and London or Manchester)
Departure: like 7. or 8. July
Departure from venue: 13. July (travelling to Czech with the rest)

TheMachanga

WCA
2010LECH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Competition: Cubetcha 2010
Requesting: Ride to and a stay (If we depart Friday)
Departure: Nov. 8th, Friday afternoon or night
I can drive to a pick up place if close enough.
I live in Illinois.
Edit: Nevermind.

Last edited:

Zoé

Funny, it seems that this thread pretty much died when Arnaud left for Asia and coudn't drive/host people anymore :p (so maybe this really was a "Arnaud's car reservation system" thread ?)
It's sad, it think it was a pretty good idea... So let's dig it up a little and hope people actually react !

Competition : Hessen Open 2012
Requesting : Some place to sleep for Arnaud, Geert and me on Saturday night (so the 4th of February) !
Offering : Home made cookies (I'm starting to be really good at baking cookies :p) and some fun ?

cuber8208

WCA
2012GOOD02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Competition: European Championships 2014 from Belgium or Netherlands
Requesting: Ride to and from venue (participating Friday - Sunday)
Offering: Money towards fuel and/or puzzles.

Any chance of a few of us hiring a 7+1 bus together or something!?

AlexMaass

WCA
2011MAAS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Anybody know of any 2014 competitions in anchorage, Alaska, USA?
There hasn't been a competition in Alaska ever.
If you want to go to a competition, you're definitely going to have to travel, you could fly to west coast US, Canada, and maybe even Russia, but those are really far away, so if you want to hold a competition in Alaska, you need plenty of other cubers, you can hold a competition anywhere in the world if you have a cubing community there and be able to have a delegate come.

lorki3

WCA
2009ENGE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Competition: Hessen Open 2015
Requesting: a place to sleep, not exactly sure when yet; I wanted to know if there was a place to sleep available before deciding on going
Date/time of departure: friday or saturday.
Date/time of return: sunday or monday. Its a 4 hour ride so possibly monday.
Other details: if anyone close to Utrecht, the Netherlands, is travelling by car, I'd love to carpool ;)
Thanks!

Last edited:

OLLiver

WCA
2015JENK02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Competition: Canberra Autumn 2016
Requesting: Looking to share a hotel room to cut the costs of ACT, as otherwise I can't go.
Will not be staying in a hostel, just a hotel that isn't Completely *****
Date of stay 20-22 of may, so 3 nights checking out monday

kbrune

WCA
2012BRUN02
Competition: Northeastern spring 2016 (Boston)
Requesting: place to stay Friday evening. Or shared Hotel arrangement. Traveling with my wife from Canada.