• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

suhas2112

YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm in the exact same situation... Here are my approximate times:
Cross- 2-3 sec
F2L- ~13sec
OLL- 2-4 sec (I know more than 1/2 the OLLs. But, I mostly get cases i don't know and end up doing 2-look...)
PLL- 1.5-4 sec (My U's, H and T permutations are pretty fast... :) )

I use a Type D screws and springs, core and centers + Storebought cubies, lubed with silicone... It locks up quite a bit... How do i improve? What should i concentrate on?

Inusagi

You should practise all (F2L, OLL and PLL). It also depends on how fast you want to be, and how much time you want to spend. Each OLL and PLL case can be done in under 2 sec, while F2L can be done under 7 sec (including cross).

blah

brah
You should practise all (F2L, OLL and PLL). It also depends on how fast you want to be, and how much time you want to spend. Each OLL and PLL case can be done in under 2 sec, while F2L can be done under 7 sec (including cross).

Wow. (message too short)

MTGjumper

WCA
2008CRAW01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Does no-one do a cross anymore? Wild guess, that's included in your F2L time.

F2L means first two layers so i assume that includes the cross

I'm obviously aware of what F2L is, but when I talk about it, I'm referring to forming corner-edge pairs and inserting them. As I see it,the cross falls into the definition of what the first two layers is, but not the step in the Fridrich method.

Inusagi

Wow. (message too short)

It's really impressive, but remember, this is a really high level (Nakajimas and Harris level)

Inusagi

Oh, is that him?! I have seen the video before, but I didn't know who it was... Thanks, I hope to get rid of my slow N perms!

ChromisElda

Wow I have a long way to go, currently FTL is around 15-18 seconds :(
OLL 5 seconds (2 look), PLL 2seconds

and I take ages to get the cross at the beginning :(

Pestro

Dan Harris's book, SpeedSolving the Cube, is great! It has all the F2L, OLL, and PLL algorithms you will ever need! There are also some great tips in there. Plus there is a solution guide for beginners, a 4x4 guide, a 5x5, guide, and a 2x2 guide!

Last edited: