• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Which would be a good addition to the WCA events? (Poll)

What should be a WCA event?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
Curvy copter would be good, but with a mechanical scrambler gigaminx would be better. Treat it like blind, with cumulative time limits and ranking by single.

VIBE_ZT

WCA
2018TRUD02
Mirror cube blindfolded without inspection or some form of relay e.g. 2-7 relay

This would actually be really interesting, because it would require cubers to call upon a sense other than their sight to solve the puzzle. It would require different types of recognition to be used, and may allow those who are blind to compete as well, with a bit more of a level playing field. I have done this before, and there is something much more satisfying about feeling a J-Perm or an AUF than seeing it. I think this would be a great addition.

Relays might be cool too. Idk what else to say about them.

aerocube

i doubt they'll add new events any time soon,but if they were to i would want something new that doesn't borrow an existing method from anything
however,i'm not sure what that would be,so in the meantime i think mirror blocks BLD would be cool as the record could probably get to something not far from the 3x3 WR
only problem is there isn't really a standard type of mirror block cube so that would have to be figured out

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
I’ve mentioned a few variations on current events that I would like to see, but if we want something new the Curvy Copter seems like the best option. I would suggest that it be done with jumbling, though. On the one hand it’s a more interesting solve, and on the other hand if a competitor gets to a position that can’t be solved without jumbling it would be very difficult to judge whether the competitor put the puzzle in that position or if it was a misscramble.

Status
Not open for further replies.