• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Should I buy a subscription to puzzlecrate?

2018AMSB02

Premium Member
WCA
2018AMSB02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think that Puzzlecrate is a lot of money, and the cubes you are getting are more than what you are paying, but I would pay the difference to be able to choose. I get that people like the surprise, but I personally would rather choose. Also, the cubes that they send you are typically uncommon, non-wca puzzles. These puzzles are the ones that I solve once, and never use again, but I think it is cool that some people like developing algs and getting good times on them. I dont actually have a subscription, but those would be my reasons for not getting it. But that is all my opinion, and if you like non wca puzzles, and you like the surprise, then get it.

Hope that helps!

Hazel

Premium Member
I've been a subscriber for quite some time, and I love it! A lot of puzzles I get from it I try once and never use again (then try to sell at a competition), but also a bunch of them I try and end up enjoying much more than I thought I would when seeing the puzzle online, like the proportional 3x3x7 that came in the most recent one. Every now and then I get a puzzle from it that I've been wanting but just haven't purchased, like the Redi cube or the Ancient Coin cube, and that's always a nice surprise!
I'm not really sure how they make money if the puzzles' retail prices are higher than what we're being charged from Puzzlcrate...

2018AMSB02

Premium Member
WCA
2018AMSB02
YouTube
Visit Channel
[QUOTE="Aerma, post: 1312702, member: I'm not really sure how they make money if the puzzles' retail prices are higher than what we're being charged from Puzzlcrate...[/QUOTE]

They get discounts because they buy them in bundles.

Anyway, thanks for your response, it got me to consider Puzzlcrate for the future.