• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Utah cubing group

U

Underwatercuber

Welcome to the Utah cubing group! We Want this to be a friendly environment where you can learn and have fun. We will also help communicate plans for Utah competitions with you!

U

Underwatercuber

First things first, me and my friend are going to host a comp over the summer and I want you to vote on what events we should have. Reply what your top 5 events you want would be

pakaerf

Pyraminx would be fun too, if you could get enough people to compete. Curious if there might be better traction for a group like this with facebook or another more social forum. Would love to see more competitions in Utah so that people could get together, have fun, learn some ...

U

Underwatercuber

I planned it out but I don't have a solid date yet. It should be in October. It will have 2 rounds of all of the following (except multi) pyraminx, skewb, sqone, clock, 3x3, 3bld and multibld. Should be lots of fun!

pakaerf

I planned it out but I don't have a solid date yet. It should be in October. It will have 2 rounds of all of the following (except multi) pyraminx, skewb, sqone, clock, 3x3, 3bld and multibld. Should be lots of fun!

Awesome. Let me know how I can help promote or plan. Happy to pitch in a bit.

Aerospry

I would love to go to this event as well. I would be happy to help where ever possible. It would be cool if you could add some other events, like 2x2 and 4x4. I just think those a a little bit more common that things like multibld. However, I would be happy to come no matter what the events!

U

Underwatercuber

News update:
A comp has been planned for October 8th in Utah meaning that my comp can no longer be in October (I am actually fine with that) the comp will be sometime between November and January

Aerospry

What competition is on October 8th? Where can I sign up? :) That sounds good, though. The more competitions, the better!

U

Underwatercuber

What competition is on October 8th? Where can I sign up? :) That sounds good, though. The more competitions, the better!
It's not on the wca site yet. The delegate hasn't put it in there or something like that

pakaerf

Agreed on 2x2 and 4x4, but also that anything would be fun. Great to hear another comp is planned.