• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How can I remove the superglued stickers?

KJre

So while I was a baby cuber, i got a moyu aolong. The stickers cane off so I thought it'd be a great idea to super glue the stock moyu stickers back on. I've finally decided to resticker it but I completely forgot about the glue. Anyone have any idea how I could unbond the glue? Its not just a dab of glue either, the glue takes up a majority of the piece.

KJre

Right now, I’ve tried soaking it in a soap water solution to try and moisten the glue then i began picking away at it with a knife. I dont have a scalpel but the knife is pretty sharp. The glue is pretty tough so it’s not going very well

KJre

I'm currently soaking some pieces in rubbing alcohol instead of soap water since that didn't work. I'm hoping for the best

Dylan1919

Just try soaking for longer and use a sticker peeler or flat screwdriver. Try not to use a knife but if you don't have anything else to remove it with use a blunt butter knife.

KJre

I soaked them overnight and even that didnt work. I ended up sanding down the stickers on most the pieces. The only problem is now some of the pieces are smaller and rounded. I probably won't notice though once i sticker it