• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Online programs as cube explorer?

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
http://ldez.github.io/cubejs/

Not exactly a solver, but it has some open threads , that can help make a basic level solver.
We know that Cube solving software is extremely memory and processor intensive, it would put a tremendous load and difficulty to make it lightweight , and make it completely browser based.

But what you say is possible, if some node.js , and C++ wrapper expert comes along , and makes a good cube alg generation applet which will be online.

AvGalen

Premium Member
Rotterdam (actually Capelle aan den IJssel), the N
WCA
2006GALE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I had an online version available about 10 years ago when Herbert started to implement the webserver component. I experimented with the "small" memory version and the "big" (> 2GB) version, both on a 32 bit machine with 4 GB of memory at that time. It actually didn't cause too much CPU-load at that time if I used the big-memory version. The problem was more on the input side which was a handmade HTML+JavaScript version that broke with every update of IE/Netscape/FireFox.

I think that I could recreate that later this month on a generic Azure Server and keep it up for a month to see how much that would cost. I am guessing that as long as the tables stay in memory and I limit the number of requests-per-user this shouldn't really put a dent in my credits. This is exactly what cloud-computing should make possible nowadays right?