• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Meyer method for 5x5

lilKriT

Hello,
I practiced the 4x4 for a while now and I decided to move on to the 5x5 too. I use Roux for the 3x3 so natural progression was Meyer method. I used half centers and 3-2-3 pairing which I love, I wonder what would be the progression for a 5x5 cube? Are there any tutorials on how to do that?

Is there another method for that or do I have to try and extrapolate what I already know?

lilKriT

I see. That's interesting... I was sure it would be better, since Meyer is much better on the 4x4 than reduction - unless reduction is something else than I'm thinking.

Can you recommend any good edge pairing methods and parity algorhithms? Or even better, a place to find some?

lilKriT

What method is better than Meyer than? I only know of Yau and Hoya other than that. Hoya is pretty bad from what I know and Yau is for CFOP users.

CarterK

WCA
2015KUCA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
There isn't really a good method for roux big cubes. Your best bet is to learn how to do CFOP on big cubes, because roux doesn't work very well. Yau is undoubtably the best method, and i don't think it would be too hard to get used to cfop for big cubes.

Chree

WCA
2013BROT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
The thing is, yau is objectively better than hoya, so that doesn't really matter.

There is absolutely no way k4 is better than yau. You have to blockbuild more, do a ton of moves during F2L, and ELL is pretty bad too.

I've noticed that when people start a sentence with "The thing is...", the thing that follows is usually an opinion. Isn't that weird?

Edit for the OP: Meyer is interesting and kinda fun, but Yau or Hoya are your best bets if you wanted a single method for both 4x4 and 5x5. Pick the one you have the most fun with.