• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
Some events that I really hope that we can see in Colorado are Megaminx, Clock, Square 1, 5x5 - 7x7, 3x3 MBLD and 4x4 BLD. I really hope that there are at least two competitions before the qualifying date for Nationals, and if there are any organizers reading this, I am more then willing to help out in any way with any upcoming competitions.

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
Thanks for letting me pick up the t shirt @cubeshepherd! Really appreciate it.

—————

What I’m really interested in is a last minute qualifier competition here, cause those are the ones I can make work best.
I am not sure if you have heard about this or not, but I just found out from AJ Blair that he and some other cubers in Colorado are/have planned a large competition that is going to be near the end of May and that will have all 18 official WCA events. AJ said that they are finalizing the venue paperwork and that the competition should be announced soon. Providing that everything end up going well and not falling through, I will wait to go to a regional this year and just attend the Colorado comp. Plus it gives me a little longer to practice certain events that I am slower at, at the moment and that I would like to qualify for before US Nationals.

weatherman223

WCA
2017MILL04
I am not sure if you have heard about this or not, but I just found out from AJ Blair that he and some other cubers in Colorado are/have planned a large competition that is going to be near the end of May and that will have all 18 official WCA events. AJ said that they are finalizing the venue paperwork and that the competition should be announced soon. Providing that everything end up going well and not falling through, I will wait to go to a regional this year and just attend the Colorado comp. Plus it gives me a little longer to practice certain events that I am slower at, at the moment and that I would like to qualify for before US Nationals.

Thanks for telling me!

When this comes out I’ll let my parents know ASAP. They want me to go to golf tournaments more than they want me to go to comps, but since this is such a large comp then maybe they’ll let me go.

Edit: not sure if I can go, my dad already expressed disinterest. Hopefully I can. He wants me to pay for it all by myself even though I have to pay for nats by myself

Last edited:

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
Hey @xRTG,
Out of curiosity, have you heard anything more on the May competition. AJ told me a few weeks back about the late May that he is helping organize, and I send him a email last week asking him if it is going to for sure happen, but I have not heard anything back, so that why I am asking you, if you have any news on if the competition is going to still happen. Thanks.

cubingly

Hi guys. I am one of the organizers that have been working with AJ and let me tell you this. There will be no comp in the month before nats. He and another organizer were working on one for April but it looks like that might not happen. There will most likely be one in June/July and I will be hosting in September. The one in June/July will not contain all 18 events but it will have all except BLD events. If you have any questions feel free to ask me and Ill try my best to answer.

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
Hi guys. I am one of the organizers that have been working with AJ and let me tell you this. There will be no comp in the month before nats. He and another organizer were working on one for April but it looks like that might not happen. There will most likely be one in June/July and I will be hosting in September. The one in June/July will not contain all 18 events but it will have all except BLD events. If you have any questions feel free to ask me and Ill try my best to answer.
I am not sure if you have heard about this or not, or if I am wrong, but I have been in contact with a cuber today (Jordan), and he told me that there is going to to be a competition in late May with all 18 events, and he said that he will most likely be announcing the competition on the WCA website in a few weeks. Am I wrong or did things change in the last few hours? Thanks

cubingly

I have been in contact with Jordan and he has informed me that there were some problems with his venue. It is possible that he has managed to fix the problem by now but at the same time I would have been informed of it because of what I am currently planning with AJ. Ill let you know if it will be in a few week or if there are still problems. Thank you for telling me this though, Ill be sure to talk to AJ because this looks like a potential problem.

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
Any updates on comps?
Yes! There is going to be a competition that AJ, Jordan and a few others are organizing for May 26-27, and it should be announced around the 10th of April, once some paperwork gets finalized. The May competition will have all 18 official events, although 3x3 FMC is tentative and may or may not be held, and if they do deiced to have it there will most likely only be one round/attempt for that.

Other then that, there is going to the the competition that @Joel2274 is hosting this late summer in August , and I believe that Jack (who has hosted a couple comps in Colorado already last year) wants to host another competition for September time frame, and I myself am planning on doing a 2nd annual Veterans Day competition in November. Lastly, I know that there was a father and son that wanted to host a competition, and although they were planning on one for this coming June, things got pushed back and they (I believe) are going to wait until this Fall or Winter.

I believe that those are the only one that are in planning, but there might be a couple more that I am missing or do not know about, but I am sure that if there is more info will be provided "sune" in the near future.

weatherman223

WCA
2017MILL04
Yes! There is going to be a competition that AJ, Jordan and a few others are organizing for May 26-27, and it should be announced around the 10th of April, once some paperwork gets finalized. The May competition will have all 18 official events, although 3x3 FMC is tentative and may or may not be held, and if they do deiced to have it there will most likely only be one round/attempt for that.

Other then that, there is going to the the competition that @Joel2274 is hosting this late summer in August , and I believe that Jack (who has hosted a couple comps in Colorado already last year) wants to host another competition for September time frame, and I myself am planning on doing a 2nd annual Veterans Day competition in November. Lastly, I know that there was a father and son that wanted to host a competition, and although they were planning on one for this coming June, things got pushed back and they (I believe) are going to wait until this Fall or Winter.

I believe that those are the only one that are in planning, but there might be a couple more that I am missing or do not know about, but I am sure that if there is more info will be provided "sune" in the near future.

Yay! Another Veterans Day Comp! Patriotic Man makes a return!

Thanks for he update. When time gets closer and you need any help for staffing for that comp, give me a heads up!

Edit: I also forgot to mention that I am highly considering organizing a comp in Spring 2019 that will have 3-5 and all side events. Stay tuned for more details, but dont get hopes up yet

Last edited:

cubingly

I am planning on for mid October. I dont have a lot of details yet but I have contacted Aj and it seems like a solid chance of it happening. Do get your hopes up because nothing is final but things are looking good.

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
Just for fun, was checking Santa Fe results and Holden got State Record 3x3 Average during semifinals. Grats to him!

Any confirmation on the comps?
Thank you for sharing the news on Holden, (congrats to him on getting state record). I did not even pay attention to that even though I have been looking at the state record these last few days, (Trying to see which event/s I could get the state record in, at the May comp). :D

I have not heard anything new on the the May competition, other then what I mentioned last Friday. Once it get closer to April 10th I will check with Jordan so see how things are looking for the comp that he is organizing. I will be sure to keep this thread updated with any new information that I receive or hear about.

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
Hey all Colorado cubers (and those that are interested). I just got news from Jordan the organizer for the May competition and he just told me this " We have got approval from the venue and WCA board. The website should go live on Monday."

Personally I am really exited and I can not wait for the competition. How about you?