• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

RedJack22

YouTube
Visit Channel
The one that most people use is quite fast if you fingertrick it properly. See this video

I know some people use the RUD algs too.
I can definitely see how that can be fast, but it is just so cumbersome, if that makes sense. I was using that alg before I found the aforementioned one, so I still know it. I just couldn't execute it very well.

Edit:
Hey everybody!

So I use the M U versions of the U perms, and I always execute them with the bar at the back. However, I can't seem to find any good algs (using M and U moves) for executing the U perm with the bar at the front. Could somebody suggest some algs? Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

xyzzy

Hey everybody!

So I use the M U versions of the U perms, and I always execute them with the bar at the back. However, I can't seem to find any good algs (using M and U moves) for executing the U perm with the bar at the front. Could somebody suggest some algs? Thank you!
Mirror them? M2' U M' U2 M U M2' and M2' U' M' U2 M U' M2'.

RedJack22

YouTube
Visit Channel
I've posted this in another spot, so I hope I don't get into trouble for that)

Hello Everybody!

For most speedcubers probably know that F2L is EXTREMELY important for a fast solve. You hear fast cubers say "get good F2L algs" and to find them using a website like Algdb.net. However, the problem is finding each of the algs, and writing them down into a format that is easy to access.

Well, I've done that! I've made a PDF of (in my opinion) are the best F2L algs for EVERY case. Now these algs are only for inserting into the right front slot, but they can be easily adaptable for back slots, if you take the time to learn them. I would really appreciate feedback on it, and if you like it, please spread it around!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q3xgkroz2u1urir/F2L Algs.pdf?dl=0

xyzzy

I've made a PDF of (in my opinion) are the best F2L algs for EVERY case.
Bunch of alternatives; depending on grip, some might be faster than the ones you have.
#15: F' U F U2 R U R'
#16: the mirror of ^
#23: R2 U2 R' U' R U' R2
#25: R' U' R' U' R' U R U R and the inverse (probably worse because of regrips, but useful as OLS or for OH)
#32: (R U' R' U)3 (doesn't need a regrip from neutral position) and R2 U2 R2 U' R2 U' R2
#37: sledge R' U2 R2 U R2 U R

(but yes, this is opinion, and I might be wrong because I actually do cross+F2L on left, the contrarian that I am)

Last edited:

RedJack22

YouTube
Visit Channel
Bunch of alternatives; depending on grip, some might be faster than the ones you have.
#15: F' U' F U2 R U R'
#16: the mirror of ^
#23: R2 U2 R' U' R U' R2
#25: R' U' R' U' R' U R U R and the inverse (probably worse because of regrips, but useful as OLS or for OH)
#32: (R U' R' U)3 (doesn't need a regrip from neutral position) and R2 U2 R2 U' R2 U' R2
#37: sledge R' U2 R2 U R2 U R

(but yes, this is opinion, and I might be wrong because I actually do cross+F2L on left, the contrarian that I am)
I tried #15, but it didn't solve the pair. Also, it's kind of cumbersome to execute if you know what I mean. #16, #23, and #32 don't solve the pair either.

#25 isn't great just because it's weird to execute (for 2H).

However, #37 isn't terrible! But I still think that the listed way is faster, mainly because after the sledges happen (our's both start with them), mine has an R, whereas yours has an R'. It is much easier to perform an R after a sledge than an R', and therefore I wouldn't use your suggested one.

Even though I didn't really agree with what you suggested, I really appreciate you taking the time to send me these algs! If you have others, don't hesitate to send them; I will gladly look at them! As I said before, spread it to other people if you like it! Thank you! Have a Merry Christmas!

RedJack22

YouTube
Visit Channel
Do you know this one?

F2L23: R' U' R U' R' U2' R2 U2' R'

It was not in AlgDB. I've just added it.
Hey, that's not bad! I personally think the way I have listed is faster (mainly because the one you sent me has a R2 in it, which in relation to the moves before and after it, makes it a tiny bit awkward to execute), but this definitely is a viable option! Thank you!

xyzzy

I tried #15, but it didn't solve the pair. Also, it's kind of cumbersome to execute if you know what I mean. #16, #23, and #32 don't solve the pair either.
Oh, I typo'd #15; should've been F' U F U2 R U R'. I didn't include the AUF setups, but #23 and #32 really are correct.

I don't use the sledge R' whatever alg either, but I've seen fast people who say they do and I sure would trust their opinion. (In fact, I mostly just avoid this case with keyhole, and when I do get it as the last slot, I use (a mirrored version of) the 9-move alg you have in your PDF. If I get it in two slots (extremely rare) I'd use a commutator.)

Last edited:

xyzzy

By the way, what's a commutator?

In general, algs that are of the form X Y X' Y'. In this specific case, it'd be like: flip one edge, move the other flipped edge into the slot with E/E2/E', do the inverse of the first flipping alg, then realign the slice.

WCA
2009SHEE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Na
R U2' R2' U' R D' R2 U R' U' R2' (U D) R U2 R'
R U2 R' (U' D') R2 U R U' R2' D R' U R2 U2 R'

Nb
R' U2 R2 U R' D R2' U' R U R2 (U' D') R' U2 R
R' U2 R (U D) R2' U' R' U R2 D' R U' R2' U2 R

Seem decent, need to play with them more. Don't remember seeing them before or playing around with them on previous occasions when I messed around with setups to J-perms on R, and also not on algdb.

Pyjam

Premium Member
12 ZBLL U I've just added to AlgDB:

U26 : (R U2 R D r' U2 r D' R2') U (R' U2 R U R' U R)
U28 : (R U R' U R U2' R') U (R2' D' r U2 r' D R U2 R)

U33 : y (R' U' R U' R' U2 R) U' (R' U2 R' D' R U2 R' D R2)
U34 : y (R U R' U R U2 R') U (R U2 R D R' U2 R D' R2')
U35 : y' (R2' D' R U2 R' D R U2 R) U (R' U2 R U R' U R)
U36 : y' (R2 D R' U2 R D' R' U2 R') U' (R U2 R' U' R U' R')

EDIT :

U29 : U (R U2' R2' D' R U' R' D R2 U' R') U2 (R' U2' R U R' U R)
U29 : (R U R' U R U2' R') U2 (R' U' R2 D R' U' R D' R2' U2' R)
U29 : (R' F' R U R' U' R' F R U R) U2' (R2' D' R U' R' D R U R)

U30 : U (R' U2' R2 D R' U R D' R2' U R) U2 (R U2' R' U' R U' R')
U30 : U2 (R' U' R U' R' U2' R) U2 (R U R2' D' R U R' D R2 U2' R')
U30 : U2 (R' U' R' D' R U R' D R2) U2' (R' U' R' F' R U R U' R' F R)

Last edited:

Thom S.

I use 15 and 16 and it solves that pair.My tip, if an algorithm correctly executed doesn't work, do the inverse of it from a solved position, that reveals it's AxF positions