• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

6x6+ Blindfolded Rankings Thread

Jacck

WCA
2013HUBH01
Big congrats! Absolut appropriate reaction :cool:

Now we're waiting for the fist sub15! After I got times below 24 min as a slowcuber it was clear to me that a good blindcuber can do sub15 with a good system.
And I'm sure that your way of memorizing with adding colors is a big invention in megaminxblind, especially an invention for others to try it. And what is best: Imagine in the near future a megaminxblindcuber is asked: "But how do you memorize all that stuff?" and he will answer:
"I use the
Gray-Color-Sheme!"
:D:D:D

Last edited:

TheGrayCuber

WCA
2012GRAY01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks! Hopefully a sub-15 will come soon if I can get a solve with a fast memo that I don't forget!

Also, the method for using colors was not originally mine, I learned the concept from a video put out by emolover, then altered his method to make it more efficient for me.

Jacck

WCA
2013HUBH01
Two people overtaking me in 3 days‽ Didn't see that coming.
But the best songwriter in the known universe did! Don't you know this one:
Mama, take this blindfold away from me,
there’s nothing unsolved anymore.
Now what’s the time? Please let me see!
Wow, that’s quite knockin’ out Matthew’s score!

Knock-knock-knockin’ out Matthew’s score,
knock-knock-knockin’ out Matthew’s score,
knock-knock-knockin’ out Matthew’s score,
this is quite knockin’ out Matthew’s score.

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
What do you think is the limit to megaBLD?

This is a bit of an aside, but 12:33 for megaminx works out to 0.066 pieces memorized and solved per second, remarkably close to the 0.061 for @Roman 's 2-7 relay. Other WR figures are:
3BLD: 1.08
4BLD: 0.55
5BLD: 0.368
MBLD: 0.252
6BLD: 0.251
7BLD: 0.226
8BLD: 0.083
9BLD: 0.053
Pyraminx crystal: 0.021
Master kilominx: 0.017
Gigaminx: 0.0088

Not that all that means much, but based on those numbers my hunch is that with practice, technique, and talent (of which I must note that I have none) most puzzles could be memorized and solved at a rate of close to 0.25 pieces/second, or 3:20 for megaminx. Of course, megaminx does have a more complex geometry, which is more difficult, but on the other hand number of targets is closer to 4x4 which has been solved more than twice that speed per piece.

TheGrayCuber

WCA
2012GRAY01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Not that all that means much, but based on those numbers my hunch is that with practice, technique, and talent (of which I must note that I have none) most puzzles could be memorized and solved at a rate of close to 0.25 pieces/second, or 3:20 for megaminx. Of course, megaminx does have a more complex geometry, which is more difficult, but on the other hand number of targets is closer to 4x4 which has been solved more than twice that speed per piece.

The problem with megaminx is that I had to solve one piece at a time to get the 12:33. Setting up 3-cycles would take more thought process and would probably take longer, since there is no efficient way to do this, so while I do think it can be brought below 10 minutes, 3:20 would be extremely difficult.

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
The problem with megaminx is that I had to solve one piece at a time to get the 12:33. Setting up 3-cycles would take more thought process and would probably take longer, since there is no efficient way to do this, so while I do think it can be brought below 10 minutes, 3:20 would be extremely difficult.

I would guess that 3:20 is an extreme lower bound, and that bound will likely never be reached because, like the other bigBLD records in this thread, megaminx blind is and will continue to be mostly a leisurely pastime, not a serious competition. Nothing wrong with that whatsoever, it just means that chances are against anybody taking the time to, say, figure out how to do 3-cycles efficiently on megaminx, or developing an even better method, if such a thing is possible.