• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Non-Cubers say the darndest things!

MentosCubing

YouTube
Visit Channel
"Why do you have so many of them? How much money have you spent on them?"
My collection consists of about 20 puzzles and I can't practice every WCA event. I don't own a clock, 7x7, or squan. (I used to have a squan but now I hate squan so I sold it to a guy at a competition.) Also, I have no idea how much money I spend on puzzles because I try to be conservative of money and I don't really keep track.

(When my 6x6 is about to pop) Aaaaaargh... oh no... (frantically putting pieces back into the correct places)
"Oh yay! I think I scrambled it up too well for you!"

Walking in public with my ShengShou kilominx:
"Is that, like, an Octo-Cube or something?"

In school with my kilominx:
(THIS GUY HAS SEEN A MEGAMINX BEFORE) "Whoa! That looks so complex! How do you do that?"
It's a simpler version of a megaminx.
"...oh."

"Why do you waste your time on that?"
I don't reply because the guy walked by and said that on his way to get something, but I'm thinking along the lines of "says the extremely violent and inappropriate video game addict who has been suspended from school multiple times." Well, really not all of that came to mind, but I was thinking "says you," knowing the guy who said it.

Sonicastle

Last week I showed my Megaminx to some schoolmates.
After I explained them how to turn it, they replied:
"Does that mean the centers are fixes?"
"Yes."
"Oh, then it's boring."

pipkiksass

YouTube
Visit Channel
I was with a friend one day. He knows what I average (about 30), and he wanted to know what the world record was. I told him that it was 4.73 and held by Feliks Zemdegs.
"No way."
I show him the video.
"Well, you know what? I think you're just as good; that was just a lucky solve."

I like your friend... now show him Faz's 6.88 Ao100!! [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vilknir

The other day a non-cuber at my school asked me if he could record me solving my 3x3 for snapchat. I said I wasn't fast enough to fit in a snapchat video but sure. He said just do the cool thing. I asked what he meant by that and he said, " The thing where you make it all yellow and then move it around without looking most of the time." Apparently, OLL and PLL are called the cool thing.

Dom

WCA
2016DOMI06
YouTube
Visit Channel
The other day a non-cuber at my school asked me if he could record me solving my 3x3 for snapchat. I said I wasn't fast enough to fit in a snapchat video but sure. He said just do the cool thing. I asked what he meant by that and he said, " The thing where you make it all yellow and then move it around without looking most of the time." Apparently, OLL and PLL are called the cool thing.
lol
from now on "CFOP" will be called the "CFcoolthing method"

ThatCuberKoko

WCA
2017KOKO01
Whats the secret?
Do you just randomly turn that and it's solved?
I can do that in like, 2 seconds.
"Pops my cube while imitating my turning speed" I'M SO SORRY ILL GET YOU A NEW ONE OH NO.
I thought they were impossible!
Is that a world record or something?
"Solving pyra" Whoa is that a RUBIK'S TRIANGLE?

vm70

"Solving pyra" Whoa is that a RUBIK'S TRIANGLE?
I lectured people today about Rubik's cubes & the mathematics about them. Someone asked me how fast I did the "triangle one".
Do people not realize that the Pyraminx is not a triangle, but four triangles? Last time I checked, it's the Rubik's Cube, not the Rubik's Square.
How do you manage to get 5 sides but not get the last?
You can't, unless you add stickers from another puzzle (which is a dumb thing to do anyway).

cuber314159

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Norther...
WCA
2016EVAN06
YouTube
Visit Channel
Someone comes up to me says "can I try" I scramble it and let him have a go, a few seconds later " I can't do it" it's not like you'll break the world records order first time.

Oh but I do like commentating on my solves infront of non cubers and I do a simple F2L pair then an oll alg then I get an r perm ...?