• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
You have Void Cube parity, which occurs when the centers have not been properly placed while solving the rest of the cube.
This thread has some algorithms for solving those cases.

Also, a better flipping alg (I think) is: Rw U R' U' Rw' U2 R U R U' R2 U2 R
Thank You so much. This really helped!

Oooh, sorry I didn't know you were on a void cube, and also I thought you meant the edges were seperately flipped, so the alg I gave you won't work.

Since I haven't really solved on the void cube I'm not 100% sure what you should do to fix it, I think it has something to do with the colour scheme, so made sure the sides you build on are all correctly matching to a normal cube
Thank you anyway! I now have that Alg. Memorized in cases where the need it!

sundeco

My average is currently just below 20 seconds. I currently use cross on top, know some f2l algorithms, know about 40 OLL algorithms, and know all the PLL algorithms except the Gperms. My cross takes around 3 seconds, I can finish f2l in around 10 seconds, OLL in around 3 seconds and same with PLL. What should be my next area of focus? Thanks

My average is currently just below 20 seconds. I currently use cross on top, know some f2l algorithms, know about 40 OLL algorithms, and know all the PLL algorithms except the Gperms. My cross takes around 3 seconds, I can finish f2l in around 10 seconds, OLL in around 3 seconds and same with PLL. What should be my next area of focus? Thanks

Cross on bottom and G perms.

UberJay

I'm currently learning 2 look pll and have run into a bit of a problem. I thought that the idea of 2 look pll was that you are guaranteed to solve the last layer permutation in two algorithms / looks. For the case with the headlights this is always the case. But when there are no headlights and you have to do a Yperm or Eperm I sometimes then get the headlight case which means I then do the three corner rotation which then presents one of the last four edge rotations. This means that actually it's 3 algorithms.. am I doing something wrong?

DGCubes

WCA
2013GOOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm currently learning 2 look pll and have run into a bit of a problem. I thought that the idea of 2 look pll was that you are guaranteed to solve the last layer permutation in two algorithms / looks. For the case with the headlights this is always the case. But when there are no headlights and you have to do a Yperm or Eperm I sometimes then get the headlight case which means I then do the three corner rotation which then presents one of the last four edge rotations. This means that actually it's 3 algorithms.. am I doing something wrong?

The case with no headlights involves swapping two corners diagonally, which the Y-perm should do from every angle. That automatically will give you an edge permutation, so maybe you're doing your diag-swap algorithm incorrectly?

xyzzy

In addition to what DGCubes said, you might also be recognising the case wrong; maybe you didn't notice headlights on the left or back faces? In that case, applying a diagonal swap would still leave you with an adjacent-swap case, which would explain why you sometimes need 3 looks.

Dash Lambda

WCA
2016SCHU05
I don't want to learn full OLL. Anyone have suggestions for important algs?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I suggest you search for more algs for these cases (different people like different algs), but this is Badmephisto's sheet of cases for 2-look OLL.
You might as well learn full OLL, since you probably will eventually, but if you really don't care about being competitive, then it's not really necessary.

aavlee

I'm currently doing cross on bottom, intuitive F2L, 4LLL. My solves are around 1:10 on average over the last 50.

My F2L can take around 40-45 seconds which I think is my biggest area of improvement. I have been slowing it down to practice lookahead since it takes me a little bit to recognize pairs. I'm also *always* rotating the cube to do the inserts.

My question is should I immediately start learning to do my inserts from all sides? Obviously this is going to slow me down at first but I am trying to figure out if I should add learning this on top of pair recognition or practice 1 at a time.

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Last edited:

Dash Lambda

WCA
2016SCHU05
I'm currently doing cross on bottom, intuitive F2L, 4LLL. My solves are around 1:10 on average over the last 50.

My F2L can take around 40-45 seconds which I think is my biggest area of improvement. I have been slowing it down to practice lookahead since it takes me a little bit to recognize pairs. I'm also *always* rotating the cube to do the inserts.

My question is should I immediately start learning to do my inserts from all sides? Obviously this is going to slow me down at first but I am trying to figure out if I should add learning this on top of pair recognition or practice 1 at a time.
I suggest you do drills where you don't rotate your cube through your entire F2L. Of course you won't consistently do zero rotations in timed solves, but it can help reduce them.
After a bit of practice, you'll find that a lot of cases that were awkward to do from a different angle become very natural, though there will of course be other cases that just remain awkward.

I'm not exactly sure what you are asking, but be able to insert from all angles except B, comfortably.
Don't rotate for these and similar cases.
Example 1
Example 1
Example 3
Example 4

Example 5
Example 6

If it is advantageous, but in general don't, rotate.
Example 7
Example 8

Rotate
Example 9
Example 10
I disagree partially.
For instance, I would probably handle example 9 like this.