• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Brest

Staff member
YouTube
Visit Channel
View attachment 7229 View attachment 7228
Anyone have good OLLCP algs for these 2 cases?
for the one on the left, algdb only has a lefty alg

E5-RF
<RUF>
R' U R U' R' U R U R' U F' U2 F R
R U2 R' U' F' U' F U R U' R' U R U2 R'

<FRUD>
R U R' U R' F R F' R2 D R' U2 R D' R2'

E3-LF
<RUF>
R U R' U' R' F U' R2 U' R2 U2 R U' F'
R' U2 R U2 F U' R2 U' R2' U R U R U' F'
R U R' U R U R2 U' F' U F R U' R U2 R'
R' U2 R2 U R' U' R U R2' U R2 U' R2' F R F'

<FRUD>
R' U' F' U F U' R U' R2' D' R U2 R' D R2

Smiles

YouTube
Visit Channel
WOW thanks for the help guys!

What about F' r U2 B U2 L U r D r2' U2 L' for the one on the left? I get only one regrip, namely for the U.

I found that one too, but i felt like it wasn't really fast enough :/

Left - r' F r U' r' F r U r' F U' F2 U r

brb for the right

That one is pretty good, and if you mirror it and get rid of the wide turns you get this:
R U' R' U R U' R' U' R U' B U2 B' R'
which is not bad for the mirror case

E5-RF
<RUF>
R' U R U' R' U R U R' U F' U2 F R

<FRUD>
R U R' U R' F R F' R2 D R' U2 R D' R2'

E3-LF
<RUF>
R U R' U' R' F U' R2 U' R2 U2 R U' F'
R' U2 R U2 F U' R2 U' R2' U R U R U' F'
R U R' U R U R2 U' F' U F R U' R U2 R'
R' U2 R2 U R' U' R U R2' U R2 U' R2' F R F'

<FRUD>
R' U' F' U F U' R U' R2' D' R U2 R' D R2

Thanks for giving me so many, that's amazing haha

I've decided on these:
F R U R' U' R' F' R2 U' R' F' U' F R U R'

Also,

stachu.cubing.png

I could only find a lefty alg for this one as well. Any suggestions?

Smiles

YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks everyone for your help

(y') R' F R y' U2 R' U' R' U R U' R U' R' ?
besides the y', the sequence of R moves felt kind of unnatural

R' U' R U' R' U R U' R' U R U l U' R' U x ?
ahhhh it was really good until the regrip at the end

E5-LF
F R U' R' U' R U R' F' R U2 R' U' R U' R'

Other options:
R U' R' U F' U' F U R U' R' U' R U R'

F R' U' R D' R U' R' D R' U2 R U' F'

I think this one is probably the best because it's the same angle as my other algs
F R U' R' U' R U R' F' R U2 R' U' R U' R'

But this one was surprisingly fast if you finger trick it right
F R' U' R D' R U' R' D R' U2 R U' F'

The first one is easier to spam TPS though so I'll go with that. Thanks!

Okay, so I have been solving for a couple months and my average is about 35, I currently use frindrich method, I use the PLL's from this link http://badmephisto.com/pll.php, I was wondering if there is any faster pll's that I could learn, because some of them, like E-perm, are very awkward for me. any Help is appreciated.

shadowslice e

YouTube
Visit Channel
Okay, so I have been solving for a couple months and my average is about 35, I currently use frindrich method, I use the PLL's from this link http://badmephisto.com/pll.php, I was wondering if there is any faster pll's that I could learn, because some of them, like E-perm, are very awkward for me. any Help is appreciated.
Well, you have 2 options: look through the algs on alg.db.net or switch to a method that doesn't use PLLs

Nathansteve

I have been trying to solve a 4x4 shape mod so the centers need to be oriented properly and I have 1 center that is rotated 90 degrees, can anyone help? And it has not been disassembled (to my knowledge atleast.)

Attachments

• 20161214_164203.jpg
    20161214_164203.jpg
    646.8 KB · Views: 15
I just bought a 4x4, I am pretty good with a 3x3 and am good at creating algorithms doing what I need them to do, I didn't use a guide or anything to solve this 4x4 and made my own method, I solved it the first time no problem (my method was just doing it layer by layer and pairing up edges as I go rather than the common method of simplification/reduction, then solving like a 3x3, although I did make center pieces), but the second time I tried and I got up to the Yellow layer but I could not create an alg or find one online that would switch the 2 opposite edge pieces to get them to line up, help? Below is a pic of the yellow side (top layer), if you considered the yellow to be 'U', then the 'F' layer at the bottom of the image would be the Orange side, I have all the 3 bottom layers done.

TL;DR I need an alg to swap the position of the pieces with the arrow pointing to them WITHOUT affecting the 3 layers below, or the 2 edge pieces on the left and right.
K0WGS
- this is the image but you have to right click and open image in new tab for some reason

xyzzy

Last edited:
Hey, thanks for the quick answer, but I'm kind of a noob, what do the 'w's mean? And what does the '2' mean when it comes before the 'L'?
Rw U R' U' 3Rw' U2 R U R U' R2 U2 R 2L'

This does flip the UR edge pair, though. An alg that preserves both the UL and UR edge pairs would necessarily have to be a parity alg, and parity algs are somewhat longer than non-parity ones. See the wiki for a comprehensive list.

Hey, now I've run into a whole new problem, everything is solved and everything is Oriented and permuted correctly, except there is one edge piece (like a 3x3 edge piece made up of 2 4x4 edges) that is flipped in its spot, orientation is inverted, help?

Rw U R' U' 3Rw' U2 R U R U' R2 U2 R 2L'

This does flip the UR edge pair, though. An alg that preserves both the UL and UR edge pairs would necessarily have to be a parity alg, and parity algs are somewhat longer than non-parity ones. See the wiki for a comprehensive list.

Last edited by a moderator:

xyzzy

what do the 'w's mean? And what does the '2' mean when it comes before the 'L'?

"w" indicates a wide turn, so you turn multiple layers together. The "2" prefix means you turn the second slice in, rather than the outermost one. Just follow the link and hit the play button; you'll see the alg being animated.

there is one edge piece (like a 3x3 edge piece made up of 2 4x4 edges) that is flipped in its spot, orientation is inverted

Just look up any tutorial for 4x4x4 reduction method. It should teach you how to fix this, as well as the other weird case where you need to swap two edge pairs. If you want to be able to claim that you figured out how to solve the cube without looking at a tutorial, one hint is that you have to somehow perform an odd number of inner slice quarter turns and restore your centres after that. Once you've done that, start pairing your edges again (they'll probably be messed up now) and then solve them again. You should end up with an even number of flipped edges if you correctly counted the number of inner slice turns you made.

[JUST FINISHED MY 4x4 BTW with the last step help from this thread] I just got a 5x5x5 for Christmas and I quickly got to solving it, I used practically the same method as i did for the 4x4, but ran into a similar problem with the top layer, I have an image of what it looks like to show, and arrows showing what I need to do (sorry for bad quality i am on my phone), probably need two separate algs, help?
3961551e3a733b024dc289acd3f4bc73.jpg

NOTE: Please consider the yellow face as 'U' and the blue face as 'F'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shadowslice e

YouTube
Visit Channel
[JUST FINISHED MY 4x4 BTW with the last step help from this thread] I just got a 5x5x5 for Christmas and I quickly got to solving it, I used practically the same method as i did for the 4x4, but ran into a similar problem with the top layer, I have an image of what it looks like to show, and arrows showing what I need to do (sorry for bad quality i am on my phone), probably need two separate algs, help?
3961551e3a733b024dc289acd3f4bc73.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Use the 4x4 parity algs using the outer two layer on each side.