• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

TheCubicle.us - High Quality Puzzles, Custom-Cut Stickers, Premium Lubricants & More!

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
I'm making magnetic cubes right now at 9:30pm.

Hundreds of people around the world are ordering, and it's crazy at the office right now.
We are all working very hard, should be soon!

Just curious: are you guys looking forward to the day when magnetic cubes are mass produced, or dreading the day when you no longer have a monopoly on professionally-produced magnetic cubes? Or is there an issue that you can foresee (including lack of demand, but it sounds like probably not that) that would prevent magnetic cubes from being mass-produced?

DTCuber

Just curious: are you guys looking forward to the day when magnetic cubes are mass produced, or dreading the day when you no longer have a monopoly on professionally-produced magnetic cubes? Or is there an issue that you can foresee (including lack of demand, but it sounds like probably not that) that would prevent magnetic cubes from being mass-produced?

I do not work at thecubicle.us, but I think this kind of technology should be available to everyone eventually, through mass production. However, right now, I believe the best way to get magnetic cubes into the hands of all cubers is this.

Dom

WCA
2016DOMI06
YouTube
Visit Channel
I do not work at thecubicle.us, but I think this kind of technology should be available to everyone eventually, through mass production. However, right now, I believe the best way to get magnetic cubes into the hands of all cubers is this.

Okay, I don't work for theCubicle.us either, but do me a favor: buy that magnet conversion kit and use the provided super glue to slap those magnets in a Valk. Let's see how it compares to a Valk M from theCubicle. Chris has gone to great lengths to find the perfect magnets with the perfect placement and the perfect adhesive to make a cube worthy of use by world-class professional cubers.

Once you compare a cubicle magnetic cube to your home-made magnetic kit, let's revisit this conversation. And post pictures ;)

4Chan

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel

All will be clear in a few months.
Something will happen which will answer all of your questions. ;)

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
So thecubicle is working with a cube company (my guess is Qiyi) to mass produce them.

Or Gus the "Puzzle designer" is working on it.

That seems like the most logical conclusion. I'm pretty excited to see what happens. I hope they go into higher order cubes right away. Might even be worth waiting to get a 7x7.

Edit: this was my first thought when I saw that answer. I guess I'll have to start working on my own list.

Last edited:

Dom

WCA
2016DOMI06
YouTube
Visit Channel
So thecubicle is working with a cube company (my guess is Qiyi) to mass produce them.

Or Gus the "Puzzle designer" is working on it.
I think yeah, they're going to be mass produced by a major company.

That means that we only have a short amount of time to get the ORIGINAL cubicle labs magnetic cubes. Get em while you still can! :eek:

DTCuber

Okay, I don't work for theCubicle.us either, but do me a favor: buy that magnet conversion kit and use the provided super glue to slap those magnets in a Valk. Let's see how it compares to a Valk M from theCubicle. Chris has gone to great lengths to find the perfect magnets with the perfect placement and the perfect adhesive to make a cube worthy of use by world-class professional cubers.

Once you compare a cubicle magnetic cube to your home-made magnetic kit, let's revisit this conversation. And post pictures ;)

What Chris does is amazing. I think we can all agree on that. He definitely does produce world-class cubes. However, I know I do not need a world-class cube to enjoy the feel of magnetic puzzles.

Silverback

The kit is not a cube. It's a hardware set that you replace your Yuexiao hardware with.
I know. But it contains centers. So if you want to use it on a stickerless cube, the replacement centers should be in different colors. Unless you want to create something like a void cube.

Dom

WCA
2016DOMI06
YouTube
Visit Channel
We were waiting for the other colours to arrive :)
We hope everyone likes them!

We've heard that people want a stronger bag, and we talked about it last month during a meeting!
A stronger bag may come in 2017.
Oh yes. I was one of those people you heard.;)
I think a couple of these should be able to last me until the 2017 version comes out. :D

May I make a suggestion? How about a black bag with a RED logo/lettering. That would look SICK! (Power colors):cool:

Silverback

The centers are different. There's nothing on YouTube so far, but I watched the video on the weilong gts set. Seems like you can't use the original centers. So if there is no stickerless version, there is no point in buying this for me.

WCA
2014BLOC01
The centers are different. There's nothing on YouTube so far, but I watched the video on the weilong gts set. Seems like you can't use the original centers. So if there is no stickerless version, there is no point in buying this for me.

They don't send center caps with the GTS Dual Adjustment System, you're supposed to use your own. Not sure if a stickerless cube with centers that are all the same color under the cap is an issue.