• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Speedcubing in Georgia, USA

YouCubing

WCA
2015JOIN01
KinchRanks sheet now updated with Central Florida Summer 2016 results.
YESSSSS I'M 7THHHHH (am I fast now ;-; )
Hi guys, I'm trying to gauge interest for a competition in Southwest GA, sometime September 2016. I have a location and a potential sponsor lined up, but I want some feedback before I nail a date. Also, if anyone's got experience with WCA competitions that can help out and make this one official, that would be great. Thanks!
I'd be willing to help out, especially if I can come

b0ssGuy23

WCA
2015FAZE01
Hi guys, I'm trying to gauge interest for a competition in Southwest GA, sometime September 2016. I have a location and a potential sponsor lined up, but I want some feedback before I nail a date. Also, if anyone's got experience with WCA competitions that can help out and make this one official, that would be great. Thanks!

September 24th pls <3

ultimatecube

WCA
2017CHER01
What's your sponsor?
Georgia Southwestern State University, my local college. They're willing to provide the venue and cover some of the cost. I'm fairly certain I can cover the rest. We do have a deli and a Chik-fil-a located on campus, a few steps away from where the comp will be. I might be able to work out a deal with them for lunch if we have enough people.

How far southwest? If it's far enough south you might get some Florida cubers too. In any case, I would definitely come and help out if it's official.

Georgia Southwestern State University in Americus, Ga. We're about halfway between ATL and Tallahassee, 2.5 hours to get to either one. About an hour SE of Columbus, so not too far from Alabama either.

I'd be willing to help out, especially if I can come

Thanks! I'll take all the help I can get. How far are you from Americus?

September 24th pls <3
We're definitely looking at one of the four Saturdays in September. How does Labor Day weekend (Sept. 3) look? Still not sure if that's better (because everyone's free) or worse (because everyone already has plans).

YouCubing

WCA
2015JOIN01
Thanks! I'll take all the help I can get. How far are you from Americus?

We're definitely looking at one of the four Saturdays in September. How does Labor Day weekend (Sept. 3) look? Still not sure if that's better (because everyone's free) or worse (because everyone already has plans).
2 hours 40 minutes at absolute best. probably closer to 3 hours though.

I don't think I have anything planned around then, so yeah.

cmhardw

Premium Member
WCA
2003HARD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Are Georgia records set by Georgia residents in any competition? That's what it seems to be. Do new Georgia residents' times count retroactively, or do times have to be set while a resident of Georgia?

Torch

WCA
2014GOSL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Are Georgia records set by Georgia residents in any competition? That's what it seems to be. Do new Georgia residents' times count retroactively, or do times have to be set while a resident of Georgia?

Whoops, I missed this when it was first posted. I would probably only count a record set while a resident (though I wouldn't mind competing with you for the BLD records! :))

anyway, KinchRanks and record history are updated through this weekend, just in time for Nats to make all that data obsolete!

Storm

Woodstock, Georgia, U.S.A., Earth, Space, etc.
WCA
2016BUSH01
Thanks!

On an unrelated note, would anyone be interested in a competition here in Woodstock in January? I have a place that is open to the idea, if there is interest. If you're interested, send me a message or reply to this post with when you are available and what events you would like there to be. I've never set up a competition before, so if anyone could offer advice, that would also be appreciated.

Torch

WCA
2014GOSL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks!

On an unrelated note, would anyone be interested in a competition here in Woodstock in January? I have a place that is open to the idea, if there is interest. If you're interested, send me a message or reply to this post with when you are available and what events you would like there to be. I've never set up a competition before, so if anyone could offer advice, that would also be appreciated.

I'd be interested! If you want to make plans, talk to Jacob about it, since he's the delegate. @Jaysammey777

Torch

WCA
2014GOSL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've added a few people to the KinchRanks who weren't on CubingUSA when I first made the list. Also, I added video links for all the records in the record history that I could find footage of. If anyone knows of other videos that I didn't link to, please tell me so I can add them.

Torch

WCA
2014GOSL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've updated the KinchRanks and records history through Marietta Mystery. I'm going to do a special update in the next few days to add Chris and Katie Hardwick as soon as I figure how to handle the whole retroactive record stuff.