• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Non-Cubers say the darndest things!

Julio R.

*Asks if they can "mix up" my cube* *I solve it* *They scramble it again but say I can't look because I'll just reverse it*

I'm sub 40, on a very good day. Someone saw me solving, and told me his cousin competes in speed competitions and does really, REALLY good at them. I said he must be a lot better than me. He said that I was WAY faster than his cousin.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Umm Roux?

I'm sub 40, on a very good day. Someone saw me solving, and told me his cousin competes in speed competitions and does really, REALLY good at them. I said he must be a lot better than me. He said that I was WAY faster than his cousin.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
You're probably sub-40 if you warm-up Sub-35 next stop!

Neptunolium

WCA
2016JOHN07
Once on a train I was just doing some timed solves:

Guy next to me: How the hell did you do that!?
Me: Well-(interrupted)
GNTM: (to the nearest person) Did you see that, he just solved the Rubiks cube! I could never do that. (looks at the time on my timer) I'm out... (25 sec solve)

I was suprised by this just because he didn't say the usual things apart from how do you do it but I was expecting just a barrage of stereotypical non-cuber comments.

Also what do you think when people see Feliks solving in public?

Kotra25

YouTube
Visit Channel
I just heard someone in school say that he could solve it when he saw my square-1, so I handed it to him and he just stared at it and said: "I meant I could solve a 6x6".

Garrett C.

WCA
2016CLAR11
YouTube
Visit Channel
Im just sitting in mcdonalds solving my valk, when some 7 yr old kid comes over and sais "hey, stop! you cant use that! those are only for school!" I don't reply for a second because i am wondering what could possibly make him think that, then i say, "ummmmmmmmm i do this for fun." I start just turning it without thinking, and he yells "Hey! Stop using that! That is only for school!"

Does anyone have any idea what he could have possibly be thinking?