• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Issue Connecting to Speedsolving

Ross The Boss

WCA
2012SVEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi, I'm making this thread on behalf of another user who is having issues accessing speedsolving.com from his home. The browser he uses is Firefox 39, and his operating system is Windows XP if that is at all relevant. Upon attempting to access the forums, he is presented with this error message:

"ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH
A secure connection cannot be established because this site uses an unsupported protocol."

He has been having these issues for 'at least a week.'

Thanks.

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
It's been happening for at least a week, was it working fine before then? Has he changed his browser or settings in the last week? The issue appears to be with the browser settings. To see if this is the case, have him try another browser. So far, no other users have mentioned this issue.

ramba

"ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH
A secure connection cannot be established because this site uses an unsupported protocol."
give me the solution?

ramba

Here’s the main I got for my problem,

Let me to answer to your questions:

1. Q:Is this issue specific to some websites? Which websites are you trying to open?

A:Yes, it is specific to the bank's site - TD bank. When I try to open the site to my private account info I

receive the above message. The site could be open without problems with Firefox browser but

COULD'T with IE11 and Google Chrome. I suspect that the latter take the info about root certificates

from the IE11.

· 2. Q:What exactly happens when you try to open a website in Internet Explorer?

· A: I receive the message "“ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH” or in some cases "the site

· couldn't be open, please check your connection" but I know that the connection is good.

· 3. Q: When exactly do you receive the error, “ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH”?

· A: I receive the above message when I've inserted my User Name and password and go next trying to

· get access to my private information through the banking site as I have been doing it before the

· problem.

· What would you suggest me else?

Try this - http://www.deskdecode.com/err_ssl_version_or_cipher_mismatch/

Last edited: