• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

tux1230

WCA
2013GULD01
I wanna get started modding, what could I make?

Hi guys, so I wanna get started with modding, and I don't know what to get started with, I wanna make a puzzle that would be quite cheap to make. I'm not looking to make a 3x3x5 because I just bought one by Calvins puzzle, they sent me two so maybe I could mod that into something? By the way, my dad works at a hardware store so I could probably get some tools from there cheap. Can anyone recommend a puzzle that I could make?

Ordway Persyn

WCA
2016PERS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi guys, so I wanna get started with modding, and I don't know what to get started with, I wanna make a puzzle that would be quite cheap to make. I'm not looking to make a 3x3x5 because I just bought one by Calvins puzzle, they sent me two so maybe I could mod that into something? By the way, my dad works at a hardware store so I could probably get some tools from there cheap. Can anyone recommend a puzzle that I could make?

A 3x3x5 fisher or windmill cube would be awesome.

Baynkz

Modding cube?

I want to make a couple of new puzzles out of 3x3. And all of the tutorials that I watch seem to use the old rubiks 3x3 that do not have the caps. Which cube could mostly resemble that, and where can I buy it from.
Thanks!

SnappyShark

YouTube
Visit Channel
Washer Mod

Hey Cubers have any of you people tried putting a washer under the center piece(at the bottom) and just above the core?, so that the washer is outside the center piece, and above the core. I tried it on my Yj Sulong, and it made it much faster.

Even the Guanlong became a lot faster.
Try it out, and let me know.

Thanks.

This is how it looks like:

Washer Mod.jpg

Last edited:

talonssmith

Begineers Mod help??

Hey I'm Talon. I have an old Rubik's brand cube I want to Mod but I'm not sure what mod is best for beginners but is still worth the cube?

shadowslice e

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey I'm Talon. I have an old Rubik's brand cube I want to Mod but I'm not sure what mod is best for beginners but is still worth the cube?

Best mod to improve performance: get another cube. Seriously. Almost any other cube is better.

Shape mod: try some sticker mods to start with. Googling cube mods should bring up some cool mods as well.

Shammon

Hellraiser Cube mod.

Hi, could not find one so decided to make my own Rubiks cubes based on the Hellraiser pussle box.
I used blank rubiks cubes and printed stickers with transparent overlay stickers to keep them from fading.

Jbacboy

WCA
2014CHRI04
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi, could not find one so decided to make my own Rubiks cubes based on the Hellraiser pussle box.
I used blank rubiks cubes and printed stickers with transparent overlay stickers to keep them from fading.

[url]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y277/shammon/20160215_012355_zpsuuae2brj.jpg[/URL]

[url]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y277/shammon/20160215_012408_zpsabcazak4.jpg[/URL]

[url]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y277/shammon/20160215_012433_zpshnoakdjg.jpg[/URL]

Whoa those look cool :0 GJ

sub20oneday

im using a yj yulong because i like the feel and im poor but its really slow, any tips to speed it up (lube hasnt worked)

Superlaser

Cube mods

Hi!

I have a VCube 2b and I was wondering if I file the centers like so theres a hole in the middle, will it cornercut better and all on all be better?

Drad

Im looking for a mod to do on a rubiks brand 3x3 just to experiment with modding any good videos any can link me to ?