• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

DeAdCuBeR

How to Mod a 3x3

Hello ! I have a YJ Sulong and an Aolong V2 (New Batch) which i need to mod. pls help

DeAdCuBeR

well my sulongs got worse than ever and my aolong v2 doesn't seem as fast as it should be and it corner cuts just like line 2 line hardly. And btw this is a how to forum. so i think its the right place.

DeAdCuBeR

well i have lubed the sulong and i've heard aolongs became sluggish after lubing; that almost no lube works on them

Animorpher13

WCA
2015ELSP01
I have been hearing that it is bad to do a Konsta mod only on a Shengshou 4x4 because it actually makes it worse. However, I don't want to do the Florian mod as well. Can someone confirm or deny that only doing the Konsta mod makes your cube worse? I only want to fix pops, not corner cutting. Thanks.

WCA
2010WOMA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have been hearing that it is bad to do a Konsta mod only on a Shengshou 4x4 because it actually makes it worse. However, I don't want to do the Florian mod as well. Can someone confirm or deny that only doing the Konsta mod makes your cube worse? I only want to fix pops, not corner cutting. Thanks.

If you over mod it it will make it worse but in my experience I makes the cube a lot better plus many other people have had good experiences with the mods.

RokGli

Hey
Could anyone please post some photos of florian moded pieces of mf8 square-1 v1.Thank you

turtwig

Best 3x3x3 Mods (Reduce popping, increase speed)

What are the best mods for the 3x3 to reduce popping, increase speed, and reduce locking? Video tutorials would be nice. Thanks.

Last edited:

WCA
2014HEDR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
This isnt really a mod but a piece swap. I took the core and center-pieces of an Aolong (I dont know V1 or V2) and used the edges and corners of a weilong. It pops often, if the tensions are very loose, but other wise it is very fast, cuts about 45 degrees forwards, and 1/2 cubie backwards/reverse

Berd

WCA
2014LONG06
YouTube
Visit Channel
This isnt really a mod but a piece swap. I took the core and center-pieces of an Aolong (I dont know V1 or V2) and used the edges and corners of a weilong. It pops often, if the tensions are very loose, but other wise it is very fast, cuts about 45 degrees forwards, and 1/2 cubie backwards/reverse
Cool! This use to be very popular with old cubes, they called them fusion cubes. I hope is wasn't an aolong V1!