• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Negative Time Solving Contest 2013

macky

Premium Member
WCA
2003MAKI01
Continuing with what has now become a tradition, I'm once again organizing the annual Negative Time Solving Contest. The scrambles for this year and the time submission form will be posted there soon.

DST (Daylight Saving Time) ends in many countries in Europe during the weekend of October 26 (fixed. Thanks, TMOY!), and in most parts of the United States and Canada at 2am on Sunday, November 3. See Time and Date.com to check the clock change schedule in your area. There's also a Facebook event page (scheduled at North America time).

Please note that each solve started (not just start the timer but actually make a move) before daylight saving ends and completed after it ends counts as a negative solve. This means that you can simultaneously compete in 3x3 speedsolve, 3x3 BLD, multiBLD, etc, at the cost of some extra time in your negative solve.

Once again, thanks to Tyson Mao for bringing this great Caltech tradition to cubing. Good luck to all participants!

11/06: Results have been posted! Thanks to all who participated, and see you again next year!

macky

Last edited:

macky

Premium Member
WCA
2003MAKI01
meanwhile in the southern hemisphere in New Zealand DST started about 2 weeks ago

Someone over there should start your own!

May you please provide a 7x7 scramble. I will make it my goal to be ready by then.

Done.

25x25x25 should be doable in negative time. Haven't done it yet, but looking at my list of times, it shouldn't be too hard.

You crazy man....

LNZ

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
The good news that if you live in Australia and happen to live in SA, ACT, NSW, VIC or TAS you can do this in April 2014.

QLD, NT and WA do not observe daylight savings.

I did a negative solve time for a 3x3 cube in April 2013 and got minus 59 minutes 59 seconds and 33 seconds.