• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Atlantic Open 2013

WCA
2011STAI01
This will be the SECOND official competition in Atlantic Canada! I'm super excited to announce this and I hope you will be able to join us!

Date: Saturday November 23, 2013
Address: 398 Hampton Road, Quispamsis, New Brunswick, Canada
Venue: Kennebecasis Valley High School (In the cafeteria)
Organizers: canadianCUBING, Micah Stairs ([email protected])
Delegate: Dave Campbell
Co-Delegate: Micah Stairs
Events:
  • 2x2x2
  • 3x3x3
  • 3x3x3 One Handed
  • 4x4x4
  • 5x5x5
  • Pyaminx
  • Megaminx
  • 3x3x3 Blindfolded

Extra information: Parking is free. There are multitudes of food options within a 5km drive, and there's a McDonalds and Tim Hortons about 2.5km away. The top three placements will be recognized for their achievements, including certificates, and puzzles for first place. Registration begins at 9am and the first event will be at 9:30am. All pricing will be on the website. Registration is also on the link provided.

I look forward to seeing you there! Let me know if you have any further questions.
Micah Stairs

Last edited by a moderator:

kbrune

WCA
2012BRUN02
The promo video is awesome!!

I'm curious to know if Dave will be setting up a table with the ususal stuff for sale??

Also, I'm ordering a gen3 stackmat tomorrow. Let me know asap if anyone who wants to piggy back my order to save on shipping and what not.

Last edited:
WCA
2011STAI01
The promo video is awesome!!

I'm curious to know if Dave will be setting up a table with the ususal stuff for sale??

Thanks!! And no, Dave will not be bringing merchandise from Toronto to the competition. He's flying here so he simply does not have the space. However, I will have some merchandise available for sale. A few new puzzles, some used puzzles, and lots of stickers! I'll even have miscellaneous things like spare parts from broken puzzles, sticker scraping sets, logos, and cubing bags. What type of thing were you interested in getting? I can provide some more specific information.

kbrune

WCA
2012BRUN02
Thanks!! And no, Dave will not be bringing merchandise from Toronto to the competition. He's flying here so he simply does not have the space. However, I will have some merchandise available for sale. A few new puzzles, some used puzzles, and lots of stickers! I'll even have miscellaneous things like spare parts from broken puzzles, sticker scraping sets, logos, and cubing bags. What type of thing were you interested in getting? I can provide some more specific information.

I'm interested in a good 2x2. A couple of 3x3's And I have some friends who want me to pick up a few items if they're available. a 4x4, stickers, possibly a 5x5. You could let Dave know that I'd be willing to bring merchandise to the competition for him if he needs it. I will be taking the train to Moncton and considering I work for Via Rail, I can arrange for bringing some extra "luggage" if need be. Let me know the next time you're in contact with him.

Also, I'm ordering a stackmat gen3. I can order a few extra. I can get shipping for free on a large order. I have to get my order in by tomorrow or Friday at the latest though. If you think some people would be interested I would be happy to get extras.

WCA
2011STAI01
I'm interested in a good 2x2. A couple of 3x3's And I have some friends who want me to pick up a few items if they're available. a 4x4, stickers, possibly a 5x5. You could let Dave know that I'd be willing to bring merchandise to the competition for him if he needs it. I will be taking the train to Moncton and considering I work for Via Rail, I can arrange for bringing some extra "luggage" if need be. Let me know the next time you're in contact with him.

Also, I'm ordering a stackmat gen3. I can order a few extra. I can get shipping for free on a large order. I have to get my order in by tomorrow or Friday at the latest though. If you think some people would be interested I would be happy to get extras.

I have about 5 or 6 LanLan 2x2's (slightly used) for 10$. Also, I will have 3 black and 1 white Dayan PanShi 3x3 (brand new!). The only 5x5 I have for sale right now is a used, restickered Rubik's brand.. 10$. I have lots of stickers (I think at least 1 full set for all 2x2-7x7 with many, many 3x3 stickers. I don't think I will have much in the way of 4x4's I'm afraid. I think they've all been claimed. There may be a cheap 3$ one left.

I have ordered a brand new WitTwo 2x2 Type C that I was planning to use as my main.. but could consider selling!

I know that Dave Campbell was going to purchase some timers and displays very shortly for the competition. I think he's getting three sets. I would send him an email and see if you guys can order together. Here's his email: [email protected]. It wouldn't hurt to mention the extra luggage idea to him at the same time.

kbrune

WCA
2012BRUN02
I have about 5 or 6 LanLan 2x2's (slightly used) for 10$. Also, I will have 3 black and 1 white Dayan PanShi 3x3 (brand new!). The only 5x5 I have for sale right now is a used, restickered Rubik's brand.. 10$. I have lots of stickers (I think at least 1 full set for all 2x2-7x7 with many, many 3x3 stickers. I don't think I will have much in the way of 4x4's I'm afraid. I think they've all been claimed. There may be a cheap 3$ one left.

I have ordered a brand new WitTwo 2x2 Type C that I was planning to use as my main.. but could consider selling!

I know that Dave Campbell was going to purchase some timers and displays very shortly for the competition. I think he's getting three sets. I would send him an email and see if you guys can order together. Here's his email: [email protected]. It wouldn't hurt to mention the extra luggage idea to him at the same time.

I'll most likely take one of the used 2x2. What would you sell the WitTwo for? And I'll also grab a 3x3 and 3x3 stickers.

WCA
2011STAI01
So it turns out that my mom doesn't want my dad to go, so I'm not going.

Sorry to hear that.. Maybe next time!

I'll most likely take one of the used 2x2. What would you sell the WitTwo for? And I'll also grab a 3x3 and 3x3 stickers.

Okay! Well I'd be willing to sell it for 15$ let's say. Do you want a white PanShi or black PanShi reserved?

kbrune

WCA
2012BRUN02
Okay! Well I'd be willing to sell it for 15$ let's say. Do you want a white PanShi or black PanShi reserved?

I'll reserve the black please.

I've ordered 4 stackmats from speedstacks.com. I will bring them with me to the competition. If you can spread the word in case anyone wants one that would be great. I'm going to keep one for myself but the other 3 are up for sale. I have 2 sets of timer + mat (38$ each), and 2 timers without mat (33$ each). I thought I was getting free shipping on any order over 50$ but turns out you pay extra anyway when the order goes outside the united states. The price I set is what I paid including the shipping and duty costs.

WCA
2011STAI01
I'll reserve the black please.

I've ordered 4 stackmats from speedstacks.com. I will bring them with me to the competition. If you can spread the word in case anyone wants one that would be great. I'm going to keep one for myself but the other 3 are up for sale. I have 2 sets of timer + mat (38$ each), and 2 timers without mat (33$ each). I thought I was getting free shipping on any order over 50$ but turns out you pay extra anyway when the order goes outside the united states. The price I set is what I paid including the shipping and duty costs.

Okay perfect, it has been reserved for you! And I will be sure to spread the news, but first, which model did you buy? Gen 3 Stackmat or Stackmat Pro Timer?

WCA
2011STAI01
good question! I'll check my order. Which is better in your opinion?

"The Gen 3 Timers do not have data ports, do not have the memory feature and are not compatible with StackPods or Tournament Displays. If you are looking for a StackMat with these features, check out the StackMat Pro."

Based on this, I would say that StackMat Pro timers are way better, mainly since they can be used with the Tournament Displays!

kbrune

WCA
2012BRUN02
"The Gen 3 Timers do not have data ports, do not have the memory feature and are not compatible with StackPods or Tournament Displays. If you are looking for a StackMat with these features, check out the StackMat Pro."

Based on this, I would say that StackMat Pro timers are way better, mainly since they can be used with the Tournament Displays!

Whew! That is the one I ordered. the stackmat pro.

WCA
2011STAI01
Whew! That is the one I ordered. the stackmat pro.

Perfect! I let them know that you have those items to sell. Also, if no one expresses any interested I would be interested in buying both of the timers + mats for 38$ each. So if by the end of the competition, no one else buys them, I can take them off of your hands!