• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

National Capital Region 2013 Competition (Rockland, Ontario)

WCA
2010CANT02
YouTube
Visit Channel
We are pleased to announce once again this year the NCR 2013 competition.

It will be held on May 18 at the Optimist Performance Hall in the L'Escale Highschool in Rockland, Ontario (Canada).

Events:
  • 2x2x2
  • 3x3x3
  • 3x3x3 OH
  • 3x3x3 BLD
  • 3x3x3 Feet
  • 4x4x4
  • Megaminx
  • Pyraminx

We unfortunately won't be able to hold big BLD/multi or 5x5 this year due to event limitations.

Registration for the competition will close on May 14, 2013
If you register online, it will be 10$ for an event + 2$ per event with a max of 20$. If you don't pre-register online, it will be 15$ + 2$ per event with no max fee.

Visit the page on CanadianCubing.com for more information.

WCA
2010CANT02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I would like to sell some of my old cubes. PM me or post here if you're interested (I won't be bringing them if nobody wants to buy it).

YJ 5x5 (needs new stickers) black
YJ 7x7 black
Shengshou 3x3 v2 Sujie (black)
QJ v1 megaminx (black, tiled)
keychain cubes (2, black)
QJ megaminx v2 (white, center cap missing)
QJ pyraminx (white). Very loose and with edge cap missing.
QJ pyraminx (black). Has fluo green, and need tensioning and lube.
Wittwo v2 (black).
Shengshou 4x4 v1.
LanLan void cube (black)
Really nice void cube (white)

Maybe some other Dayan 3x3s, but not sure yet.

Last edited:
WCA
2010CANT02
YouTube
Visit Channel
So I'm wondering why it's in Rockland... so far away. Why isn't it closer to the middle of Ottawa so it would be more likely for more cubers to attend?

Well, first of all that's were we are (organizers). Also, the venue is quite nice (good lighting, especially) and is free. Finally, it's also a bit closer to Montreal, so cubers from there need to travel less far, and it's still nothing for Ottawa people compared to the ones in Toronto, which would be the likely alternative.

heroicis

WCA
2013MOOR01
I would like to sell some of my old cubes. PM me or post here if you're interested (I won't be bringing them if nobody wants to buy it).

YJ 5x5 (needs new stickers) black
YJ 7x7 black
Shengshou 3x3 v2 Sujie (black)
QJ v1 megaminx (black, tiled)
keychain cubes (2, black)
QJ megaminx v2 (white, center cap missing)
QJ pyraminx (white). Very loose and with edge cap missing.
QJ pyraminx (black). Has fluo green, and need tensioning and lube.
Wittwo v2 (black).
Shengshou 4x4 v1.
LanLan void cube (black)
Really nice void cube (white)

Maybe some other Dayan 3x3s, but not sure yet.

Ill buy the black QJ megaminx and pyraminx

Ross The Boss

WCA
2012SVEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
man that is so far away from me. im going to try to beg my dad to take me, but it is a 930km drive from Kingsville. i think that Barrie would be as far as he would be willing to drive me for a comp though. i've got my fingers crossed!

Coming for my first competition. Driving 5 hours away from home. Doing 2x2, 3x3 and 4x4. Decided not to do OH.

why not do all the events that you can? even if your not fast it is still good experience.

Last edited by a moderator:

kbrune

WCA
2012BRUN02
Hey, I'm wondering when does the competition/day/party typically end?

Anywhere from 5-7 pm. I've only stayed to the very end at two competitions and it was at least 6 pm. Many people leave before the pizza even gets there though. We'll have a better idea when the registrations close and they post the schedule.

Looking forward to meeting a fellow parent! How old are you kids again? Are they accompanying you? I may bring my daughter if I know she'll have kids to play with.

sneaklyfox

WCA
2013HUNG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Anywhere from 5-7 pm. I've only stayed to the very end at two competitions and it was at least 6 pm. Many people leave before the pizza even gets there though. We'll have a better idea when the registrations close and they post the schedule.

Looking forward to meeting a fellow parent! How old are you kids again? Are they accompanying you? I may bring my daughter if I know she'll have kids to play with.

Thanks for the response. Right now, I have something planned on that day at 4pm which means I would have to leave at 3pm. It's not necessary for me to stay for the party (though it would be nice), but at the least I don't want to leave before competing in the events in my plan. Hmm... I may have to consider changing my other plan... My kids are aged 5, 3, 1. How old is your daughter? Unfortunately I don't think I'll be bringing them with me as my youngest one still requires two naps a day and he'd get all fussy. I plan on bringing my family some year in the future though. Chances are, at least one of my 5 kids will get into speedcubing, right? ;)

kbrune

WCA
2012BRUN02
Thanks for the response. Right now, I have something planned on that day at 4pm which means I would have to leave at 3pm. It's not necessary for me to stay for the party (though it would be nice), but at the least I don't want to leave before competing in the events in my plan. Hmm... I may have to consider changing my other plan... My kids are aged 5, 3, 1. How old is your daughter? Unfortunately I don't think I'll be bringing them with me as my youngest one still requires two naps a day and he'd get all fussy. I plan on bringing my family some year in the future though. Chances are, at least one of my 5 kids will get into speedcubing, right? ;)

lol this is true! I'm hoping my daughter will get into it some day. I hadn't planned on bringing my daughter either. She'll be 6 in July. It's too difficult to try to get some practice in before events and just socialize with other cubers (which is rare in my world). As far as the party goes You're not missing much anyway. Unless you had your heart set on hanging out with the organisers (who are all awesome ppl) and a few stragglers. Most people dont' stay at the end. From what I've seen anyway. I had to leave early for most of the comps I've been too. I'd say the only issue might be if you qualify to compete in the final round in your events. Especially 3x3. You're fast so you might. The 3x3 final is always last.

I did notice that they had cancelled a few of the original scheduled events due to venue limitations. So it could be that they have to be out by a certain time. We shall see I guess.

Last edited:

sneaklyfox

WCA
2013HUNG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
lol this is true! I'm hoping my daughter will get into it some day. I hadn't planned on bringing my daughter either. She'll be 6 in July. It's too difficult to try to get some practice in before events and just socialize with other cubers (which is rare in my world). As far as the party goes You're not missing much anyway. Unless you had your heart set on hanging out with the organisers (who are all awesome ppl) and a few stragglers. Most people dont' stay at the end. From what I've seen anyway. I had to leave early for most of the comps I've been too. I'd say the only issue might be if you qualify to compete in the final round in your events. Especially 3x3. You're fast so you might. The 3x3 final is always last.

I did notice that they had cancelled a few of the original scheduled events due to venue limitations. So it could be that they have to be out by a certain time. We shall see I guess.

That's cool that our daughters are close in age. My daughter just turned 5 in March. Hmm... 3x3 final at the end. Ok, I'll keep in mind that I may need to change my other schedule. I don't know if I'd qualify for the final... actually, I don't have much idea about anything as this will be my first comp. Anyway, being the pessimist that I am, I think I'll probably fail horribly and do much worse than I normally do at home. I'm telling myself that I will be happy with a sub-20 average. Obviously, I'm not setting my hopes high.