• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] 55.02 One-Handed Blindsolve (Best on YouTube?)

Noahaha

blindmod
WCA
2012ARTH01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Super lucky scramble. I would rather have gotten it on a normal blindsolve, but beggars can't be choosers. I think this is my fastest memo on camera.

Scramble: F' D2 F' L2 B L2 F' L2 D2 B' F2 R F2 R F' U' L2 U B L'
Cube: FangCun
Method: 3-style

Last edited by a moderator:

Noahaha

blindmod
WCA
2012ARTH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Nice! Add this to your sig!

Done :)

haha you do realize that you can use both hands for inspections in OH, right? that was a really fast memo though, good job :D

I don't think you can, since memo is not inspection but actually part of the solve. Even if you technically could, people would still yell at me if I memorized 2H.

Noahaha

blindmod
WCA
2012ARTH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Oh yea, that's true. Though there aren't really any WCA rules about OH BLD, now are there? :p

B1a) There is no inspection period.

C1b) During the solve, the competitor must use only one hand to touch the puzzle. Penalty: disqualification of the attempt (DNF).

A Leman

Congatulations! but I must admit that this makes me feel so slow. At least it was an easy scramble. How many Sub1's of this have you had?

Wow! I am speechless. Great accomplishment.

Find a good system for you, and practice it until your memo is around 2 minutes. Then start pushing your memo daily.

I memorize in sub30 average. Sometimes i am sub20. If i want to get sub20 avg or even sub10 from time to time i have to practise, practise, practise. But what exactly do you mean with push yourself every day? Just rush through the memo very fast, without really crating a story and see how fast you can get?

Thanks, Dennis

Noahaha

blindmod
WCA
2012ARTH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Wow! I am speechless. Great accomplishment.

I memorize in sub30 average. Sometimes i am sub20. If i want to get sub20 avg or even sub10 from time to time i have to practise, practise, practise. But what exactly do you mean with push yourself every day? Just rush through the memo very fast, without really crating a story and see how fast you can get?

Thanks, Dennis

Pushing memo is when you try to do everything just a little bit faster. Usually when you start pushing it to a certain speed you'll be less accurate, but then you'll get used to it after a few days and that will be your new normal speed, and you can push it more from there.