• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Introducing qqTimer!

amostay2004

WCA
2009SWEE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Would it be too troublesome to make it possible to DNF/+2 a solve that is not your last solve? (ie earlier solves)
Examples of usefulness:
- When you had a DNF/+2 in an average and would wanna know what the average would've been should that solve didn't have a penalty
- Carelessness of forgetting to put the penalty before going on to the next solve

The second reason is not that important as you can delete your current solve, put the penalty and manually add the time back. I think the first is a good reason though

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Good suggestion amos - and I've also wanted to allow you to edit a time, so maybe I can combine the two. I'm going to look into creating a context menu, so that you can edit, delete, or change penalty on a time all in one place.

Tim Major

Platinum Member
WCA
2010MAJO01
Is there any way to use it with my samsung galaxy s? How to launch the timer?

I don't have a Samsung Galaxy, but I've been using on my HTC wildfire. I only use for time entry, as I don't think the touch screen is very good (it's been tossed around a lot), but if you hold menu on my phone a keyboard pops up, so I could use it.
I was thinking about emailing him to add clicking as a way of starting and stopping the timer, and to compress everything to fit a phone screen, but I doubt it would benefit qq, and thought I'd be alone in using it, so I didn't send.

QQ: if you see this, adding option to start with click would be nice.

da25centz

WCA
2010MEYE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't have a Samsung Galaxy, but I've been using on my HTC wildfire. I only use for time entry, as I don't think the touch screen is very good (it's been tossed around a lot), but if you hold menu on my phone a keyboard pops up, so I could use it.
I was thinking about emailing him to add clicking as a way of starting and stopping the timer, and to compress everything to fit a phone screen, but I doubt it would benefit qq, and thought I'd be alone in using it, so I didn't send.

QQ: if you see this, adding option to start with click would be nice.

the android market place does have some decent timers thought, including a nice free one called SpeedCube Timer

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.h3ss.speedcube&feature=search_result

Tim Major

Platinum Member
WCA
2010MAJO01
Last edited:

crashdummy001

Banned
i'm wondering how a timer can be a timer if half the time it doesn't start... and when it does, it gives you the time sometimes a whole second after you hit space

dbax0999

WCA
2009ADAM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
For NON pin modded 6x6s? I'm not sure there is any sequence of inner layer turns that can guarantee no lockups on those.

As far as the internal mechanism goes, when concerned with just lockups, there's no difference between a 6x6 with the two inner-edge pieces glued in and the YJ mech right?