• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Hardest Scramble ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Felicko

I searched it up on google and got this:
F , U , F2 , D , B , U , R , F , L , D , R , U , L , U , B , D2 , R , F , U2 , D2
But I was wondering is it actually the hardest? Would it be harder if you repeated it on a cube?

cyoubx

YouTube
Visit Channel
There is no "hardest" scramble. There are hardER scrambles, and even then, it's circumstantial. Depending on the method used, a scramble could be easy for one person, and difficult for another.

Rinfiyks

YouTube
Visit Channel
I got 26.34, slightly faster than average. And I'm not warmed up. The worst scramble for Fridrich would be an obvious but long cross that leads into an obvious but long F2L that leads into the worst OLL/PLL combo.

Felicko

Used your scramble, got 17.11, which is faster than average for me.

F U' F2 D' B U R' F' L D' R' U' L U B' D2 R' F U2 D2
(I think you forgot the prime symbols)

Yeah, I think the prime symbols got left out...

Ranzha

Friendly, Neighbourhoodly
WCA
2009HARN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I searched it up on google and got this:
F , U , F2 , D , B , U , R , F , L , D , R , U , L , U , B , D2 , R , F , U2 , D2
But I was wondering is it actually the hardest? Would it be harder if you repeated it on a cube?

Erm, from what you posted, try green cross. Lolpairs.

z2
U l' U F' R F U x2
y' R U R' y2 R U2 R' U y R U' R' U
y' (R U' R') U
y' (R U' R') U'
y' (R U' R') U
Antisune
U2 F-perm

14.62 seconds, where I average high 18.

Last edited:

BigSams

ZZ has some pretty bad ones if you have fixed orientations. 12 wrong edges is nasty.

Not really, I just intuitively do F B D R L' F2 U2 B every time (you do the last of the 4-4-4 on B so that you can have a clear look ahead for Line) and then do a Line which should be like a few fast flicks. Doing a set alg for the 12 bad case EO followed by an alg for Line that you prepared during the EO is way faster and more reliable than trying to figure out optimal EOLine for the 12 case.
Oh and using the OP's scramble, I got OCLL skip in ZZ lawl.

Diniz

WCA
2009DINI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Not really, I just intuitively do F B D R L' F2 U2 B every time (you do the last of the 4-4-4 on B so that you can have a clear look ahead for Line) and then do a Line which should be like a few fast flicks. Doing a set alg for the 12 bad case EO followed by an alg for Line that you prepared during the EO is way faster and more reliable than trying to figure out optimal EOLine for the 12 case.
Oh and using the OP's scramble, I got OCLL skip in ZZ lawl.

So you do a 8 moves EO plus the moves to do the line? Thats not a good solution at all..

Status
Not open for further replies.