• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

CCT Version 0.9.1

Pedro

WCA
2007GUIM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
j-fly, I don't have any programming experience, with java at least, but it'd be a simple matter of writing a pyraminx scrambler. You could just generate a random state for the tips, and for the main scramble the only things that need to be checked for are things like R R', otherwise a string of however many random moves from LFRD and their inverses would do just fine.
I really wish there was more I could do to help with CCT, its a fine program you put out :)

yep, writing the scrambler is pretty easy

get a random number from 0 to 4 -> how many tip turns
generate that number of tip moves
subtract that from 25 (or how long the scramble is) and generate the rest in U, L, R, B and ' and 2

making the scramble viewer is the most complicated part, but shouldn't be that much of a problem, since they've done megaminx and square-1

I started writing a scrambler (in javascript, don't know java :()...I'll see if I can get it working perfectly...

KConny

WCA
2007LUND01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I just found what I would consider a bug.
I was about to save an avg with the name 15.79.txt I got promted that such a file already existed. I pressed the X on the prompt and it said "Succesfully saved statistics!". I the previous version it would just shut down the prompt and nothing would be saved. Now I lost my previous 15.79.txt file. :(

d_sprink

error...?

The CCT worked wonderfully for me a month or so ago, and I just tried it now for the first time in forever.

And I get 6 error messages all saying that an "entry point (the entry point changes each time) cannot be found in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll" .

Will somebody please tell me what's going on? Is it my JRE that needs to be updated or something? The only thing that mystifies me is that the program worked like clockwork not too long ago.

tim

WCA
2007HABE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
The CCT worked wonderfully for me a month or so ago, and I just tried it now for the first time in forever.

And I get 6 error messages all saying that an "entry point (the entry point changes each time) cannot be found in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll" .

Will somebody please tell me what's going on? Is it my JRE that needs to be updated or something? The only thing that mystifies me is that the program worked like clockwork not too long ago.

It's either your Windows or your JRE.

d_sprink

I just re-installed the JRE, and it still doesn't work.
I'm glad to know the problem; believe me. But more useful would be to know how to fix it, so that I may do so. Nonetheless, thank you.

So how do I fix it?

AvGalen

Premium Member
Rotterdam (actually Capelle aan den IJssel), the N
WCA
2006GALE01
YouTube
Visit Channel

I just re-installed the JRE, and it still doesn't work.
I'm glad to know the problem; believe me. But more useful would be to know how to fix it, so that I may do so. Nonetheless, thank you.

So how do I fix it?
Just did a quick google search for
msvcrt.dll entry point
and this looks like it should work: http://www.instant-registry-fixes.org/how-to-fix-msvcrtdll-errors/

I would personally guess that something like uninstalling/repairing/reinstalling the Visual C++ Runtime would also fix this

d_sprink

Goodness, I feel like an idiot. That was the obvious thing to do. Thank you for putting up with me.