• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Corner Dented on Aofu GTS M, is cube still legal?

weatherman223

WCA
2017MILL04
Hey, my Aofu GTS M dropped on the corner piece, causing the corner to dent. The only regulation I could really find was 3j, but since the dent was on a corner it shouldn’t distinguish it in any way from other pieces because it’s the only red blue white corner on the cube.

Is the cube still legal, or will I have to get a replacement piece?

weatherman223

WCA
2017MILL04
That kind of wear is fairly common with QiYi big cubes, and in many cases I allow it because it's really no worse than what is allowable for sticker wear, but this appears to have deformed the entire piece beyond just a visual deformity. I wouldn't accept that cube.

Thanks for the input Kit. I’ll go ahead and order a replacement piece for the corner before my next comp, just to be safe.