• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Clock standing position

Cameron Ray

WCA
2018RAYC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi!
I’m going to George School Open 2019 in May and I am competing in Clock. So what I do know is that according to the WCA regulations, before starting the timer, you must put the clock in a a standing position. Now I have a question.

Can the clock be leaning yet standing, or does it have to be perfectly standing up?

VIBE_ZT

WCA
2018TRUD02
Hi!
I’m going to George School Open 2019 in May and I am competing in Clock. So what I do know is that according to the WCA regulations, before starting the timer, you must put the clock in a a standing position. Now I have a question.

Can the clock be leaning yet standing, or does it have to be perfectly standing up?

The clock has to be standing upright because the pins are considered part of the scramble and if it were to lay on its side then the pins would all be pushed up against the table. So as long it isn't on the flat faces and on the side, then any orientation is okay. This orientation is based on how the solver prefers it, so the 12 could be pointing down or right or up or whatever.

So as long as the pins aren't touching the table, you're good.