• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Tom Joad

What is the best way to solve green orange pair in the back right slot from here?

I am now finding that I tend to just do a R’URU’R’URU2 to just set it up asap, otherwise it seems to be one of those rotate first, set it up then rotate again to insert cases...840DB118-0E4C-40BE-8F5E-D002B5E68ABC.jpeg

xyzzy

What is the best way to solve green orange pair in the back right slot from here?

I am now finding that I tend to just do a R’URU’R’URU2 to just set it up asap, otherwise it seems to be one of those rotate first, set it up then rotate again to insert cases...View attachment 10010
I'd just rotate twice, actually. You can also try something like (U) Fw R Fw' to set up the pair then U' R' U R to insert; this is equivalent to B U B' but executed differently.

Fancy RUF solution: (U) R' U F R U R' U' F' R.

dudefaceguy

I'm working on an intuitive big cube method, and recently realized that it shares many techniques with Roux. For 4x4, I like to force the last 5 corners into an even-parity 3-cycle while solving the last edge of the second block. I heard that Alex Lau used this technique in his Roux solves, but I can't find any specifics about it. Does anyone have any information about this? Thanks.

Tom Joad

What would you do next and how?

Two left slots are done, you can deduce which pieces are the green-orange and blue-orange.

Thanks007153EB-452C-4BAE-80DE-1B0EA966AFE4.jpeg

xyzzy

What would you do next and how?

Two left slots are done, you can deduce which pieces are the green-orange and blue-orange.

ThanksView attachment 10158
I'd solve the orange-blue pair first, because I don't know efficient solutions for most misslotted-F2L cases. I'd probably use one of the following two solutions:

(ii) R2 U2 R' U2 R2 to insert orange-blue, then U2 F' U' F for orange-green. (This happens to be the optimal solution for solving both slots.)
(i) D R' U2 R D' to insert orange-blue, then y' U' R' U R U' R' U R for orange-green.

Tom Joad

I'd solve the orange-blue pair first, because I don't know efficient solutions for most misslotted-F2L cases. I'd probably use one of the following two solutions:

(ii) R2 U2 R' U2 R2 to insert orange-blue, then U2 F' U' F for orange-green. (This happens to be the optimal solution for solving both slots.)
(i) D R' U2 R D' to insert orange-blue, then y' U' R' U R U' R' U R for orange-green.

Thanks. I like that one with D moves, that’s what I don’t know enough of. I really need to start incorporating them into my solves. Still averaging 16.5, not going to stop until I get it down to 13.5...

Thanks again

Tom Joad

To complete the cross here, I just need to do R2 then realign.

Is there an easy way to preserve the green orange pair (I know nothing about making x cross)

7658C947-266C-4F46-8592-49CCB98720F2.jpeg

xyzzy

To complete the cross here, I just need to do R2 then realign.

Is there an easy way to preserve the green orange pair (I know nothing about making x cross)

View attachment 10256
R U2 R D' to finish the cross, L' U' L to insert. The pair isn't "fully" preserved by R U2 R D', but it'll still be a three-move insert (which is all that really matters).

What about F', R2, F, D'?
That removes the white-green edge.

Tom Joad

R U2 R D' to finish the cross, L' U' L to insert. The pair isn't "fully" preserved by R U2 R D', but it'll still be a three-move insert (which is all that really matters).

That removes the white-green edge.

Aha! So that’s how to do those cases. Thanks as always. I’m getting a lot more 14 and 15 second solves now, still a long way to go...

Hi, I am new at rubik's cube and when i try to do an beginner method solve this happens.
I can do first 2 layers but when it comes to make an yellow(for me) cross I cant because it doesnt matter which video i watch it doesnt shows my shape and i dont know what to do. I get a 2 yellow pieces on the bottom next to each other AND I CAN'T SOLVE IT.
Thanks for helping.

dudefaceguy

Can you link a photo of the cube, and the algorithm you're using? This will help with diagnosis.