• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Clock Magnets - Complete Sets for making a Magnetic Clock - Ring and Disc

VIBE_ZT

WCA
2018TRUD02
Hey, would these magnets be okay to install on a LingAo? Or do you think that it would be worth my time and money to go out and find a Rubik's Brand to put them on? I have been seriously considering getting more into Clock, and I think that I should invest in good hardware.

CornerCutter

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey, would these magnets be okay to install on a LingAo? Or do you think that it would be worth my time and money to go out and find a Rubik's Brand to put them on? I have been seriously considering getting more into Clock, and I think that I should invest in good hardware.
They work perfectly on a LingAo clock. All the magnetic clocks I've made have been LingAo's. Although I've never tried a Rubik's Brand, I think magnetic LingAo's are just as good. The reason people have wanted Rubik's clocks in the past is because the pins, etc. are much better if your not making it magnetic.

If you decide to make a magnetic LingAo, just make sure to lube it too.

willtri4

WCA
2015BELO03
YouTube
Visit Channel

Lingao is fine, magnets reduce the difference between it and Rubik's. I've tried a few Rubik's brands and they weren't really any better than my Lingao.

WCA
2023FUKU01
If I had to guess I would try the 13-9*2.4 n35 with the 6*2 n35. 2mm might be too strong though. I really don't know if that set-up will work. It might be great, but it also could be way too strong.
Note that the strength of 13-9*2.4 n35 is twothird of 13-8*2 n52, and the strength of 6*2 n35 is a double of 5*1 n52.

Last edited: