• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Community Poll: Remove Feet?

Remove feet?

• Total voters

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
I already voted on this one from Reddit. My vote brought it to 84 against removal, 82 for removing it. I would happily vote against removing it again, but I want it to be a fair sample.

Sajwo

WCA
2012SZEW01
YouTube
Visit Channel
What is the point of this. Not even a reliable source for WCA Board as you could simply use different web browser/proxy/tor browser or whatever else to vote multiple times.

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
What is the point of this. Not even a reliable source for WCA Board as you could simply use different web browser/proxy/tor browser or whatever else to vote multiple times.
It’s not binding in any way, so why would anybody bother to do that? I see no reason with the current results to believe they’re skewed: pretty close to 50/50 seems like about where community consensus is at.

Loser

WCA
2016QUIN01
I believe we are pretty close to even, but I've never seen a community pool with the majority to remove feet, and I've seen at least a half dozen saying keep it. I also believe that to remove an event the percentage should be 75 or at least 67, but definitely not 50.01

weatherman223

WCA
2017MILL04
I turned on IP/Dup/Proxy check so this won’t happen.

I’m a little bit surprised about the poll, and was not expecting a complete 50/50 community split.

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
After seeing the reaction on SS about the removal I was expecting more opposition.
I suspect that the people who don't want it removed care a little more than the people who do want it removed, and so tend to be more vocal on the thread. And I also suspect a lot of people don't really care one way or the other (and so probably aren't voting at all).

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
I suspect that the people who don't want it removed care a little more than the people who do want it removed, and so tend to be more vocal on the thread. And I also suspect a lot of people don't really care one way or the other (and so probably aren't voting at all).
Just what I was going to say. I would expect a simple yes/no poll would be a more representative sample than looking at who takes the time to write a post.

Waffle Cuber

We've had this conversation on another thread, but I think removing it was not helping the community and does more harm than good. It was just another way of solving a 3x3, like one-handed. People liked this event and all the arguments to remove it can apply to things like multi-blind or 7x7. Just my thoughts.