• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Xiaomi Giiker cube

• Thread starter Deleted member 15503
  • Start date
YouTube
Visit Channel
There seems to be a new version out with a better color scheme. It is more expensive.

Has anyone got their hands on this? What are the differneces other than the colors?

The autotranslated product description isn‘t much of a help.

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32947...d=6572amp-9qLHvGGJ9qFv_8xEUWX66A1541241243800
The Giiker Super Cube i3S is an updated version of the previous Giiker Super Cube. This version comes with updated software, Bluetooth v. 4.0, and bright vibrant stickers.
1541382425488.png

Solvador Cubi

Is it true that this new i3S version does not record M slices? (just like the M3 didn't)

I'm also interested in a breakdown of the differences.
I read that the new app can also work with the M3, so what does the i3S really get us for twice the price?

-= Solvador Cubi

Jupilogy

YouTube
Visit Channel
Is it true that this new i3S version does not record M slices? (just like the M3 didn't)

I'm also interested in a breakdown of the differences.
I read that the new app can also work with the M3, so what does the i3S really get us for twice the price?

-= Solvador Cubi

If you hold the cube with red/orange on the sides, it will register the move as an M. For any other orientation, it interprets it as two turns on opposite sides of the cube.

Solvador Cubi

well, I got the i3S (from myself :) ) for Christmas and it is fun!
The app has some odd little mini games that would probably be fun for new learners.

I'm getting accustomed to the clicky noises it makes with every turn (I'd prefer quieter)
Overall the cube turns smoothly, but corner cutting could be a bit better.

Having it auto-start the time and auto-end when done is it's awesome feature and a fun way to time yourself!
I like the reconstructions and playback the app has too.

I wish the app had different or customizable solve breakdown steps other than CFOP (like Roux)
but perhaps that will come in an update.

-= Solvador Cubi

JohnnyReggae

WCA
2015BOSW01

Solvador Cubi

Just an FYI...

The giiker supercube app was recently updated with a "battle mode" which is quite fun!

It connects you to another player, then you both do the same scramble, then whoever solves it first, wins (some points).
It appears to pair you up with someone of similar skill as most of my battles have been reasonably close.

It's also cool because it shows both cubes as they are being solved.

-= Solvador Cubi

Reactions: pjk
The Gan Cube and the GoCube seem to know their orientation. I backed the latter on kickstarter. In my mind the, if all promises are delivered, the Gan and the GoCube may be competitors. The giiker cube is in an different price and feature range entirely.

That being said, the above mentioned battle mode is awesome! I have been waiting for that feature so long, I don‘t even mind that i loose seven out of ten matches ;-)

AbsoRuud

WCA
2019POLL04
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't think the GoCube will compete with GAN. One cube is made by one of the top cube manufacturers in the world who have produced many cubes that people use to break records. The other cube is the GoCube, made by a company that has never made cubes before, and seems to be aimed mostly towards newbies.

Whatever the GAN will cost, people will buy it.

That‘s why I added „if all promises are delivered“ to my statement ;-) When i backed the kickstarter I wasn‘t aware of other options. So I‘m crossing my fingers ...

Anyway, the giiker cube is doing just fine.