• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Which Cube Should I Get? Up To Date Recommendations

PianoCube

Is shipping free?
(To US buyers)
How long does it take to arrive?

Shipping isn't free, but from my experience Zcube is still significantly cheaper than US stores that offer free shipping.

Shipping time depends on what type of shipping you pick, and the cheapest shipping option depends on the size of the order. It can vary depending on what cubes you orders, but it seems to be something like this: China Post estimates 20-60 days and is cheapest for small orders (1-3 cubes), ePacket estimates 10-30 days and is cheapest for medium orders (5-20) and the last (DHL) estimates 4-10 days and is cheapest for big orders. The two times I used ePacket it took 14 and 18 days, and DHL option took 8 days. This is to Europe though. Shipping time and price could vary to the US, but shouldn't be too different.

I checked it out, shipping gets pretty pricey when you order more products on zcube.vip. I haven't ordered from them so I don't know for sure. So far cubezz and aliexpress look the best when it comes to shipping. Both also have great prices.

I placed a $55.50 order (including discounts and shipping) on Zcube earlier this year. Putting the exact same cubes in the Cart at CubeZZ results in $58.92. And a more recent order was $53.02 on Zcube but would have been $61.13 on CubeZZ (though that's partially because the MoYu Mat is crazy cheap at Zcube). Also Zcube is way cheaper if you want to buy a bunch of a single cube because of the bulk discount.

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
For 3x3:
Add mf3rs2 for the budget version because it is undeniable how that cube perfrom
I dont think you should recommend mojue when no one even sells it? It is better to list magnetised version of mf3rs2 and yuxin little magic

For 4x4: aosu gts2m can now compete with wuque m

same with 5x5 now there is aochuang gtsm. Max Park uses it so it should be considered as good http://instagr.am/p/Bo0wAwzBTFV/
For budget 6x6 I think yuxin little magic is way better than cyclone boys G6
I've added these to the recommendations.

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
For the budget 7x7 I would rather say the qiyi qixing. I have it and one of my friends has the MF7S. Both of us agree that the qixing is the better option and they are very close in price.

Reactions: pjk

stormtrooper

WCA
2019POTO01
I use Qiyi Qidi 2x2 it is fine for me, but does occasionally lock up. I didn't get Qiyi Qidi S though, so I am fine with my Qidi. I can say some other great options can be a Qiyi Thunderclap but I am not completely sure though.

I think if you live in the indian subcontinent, those sites are hard to buy from and there is this website https://cubelelo.com, its pretty nice and ive been using it for some years. its probably the most premium site in this region.

Waffle Cuber

I think Gan 356 X, though high in price, is debatebly the best 3x3 on the market. I think it should be expert category.

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
The Mojue 3x3 is not being sold anymore
We need a replacement.
Removed. The YJ MGC 3x3 was another recommendation for 3x3 Great so we will leave that.

For the budget 7x7 I would rather say the qiyi qixing. I have it and one of my friends has the MF7S. Both of us agree that the qixing is the better option and they are very close in price.
I’ve tried the Qixing and it’s good.
Added it.

I think if you live in the indian subcontinent, those sites are hard to buy from and there is this website https://cubelelo.com, its pretty nice and ive been using it for some years. its probably the most premium site in this region.
Can anyone else vouch for this site?

I think Gan 356 X, though high in price, is debatebly the best 3x3 on the market. I think it should be expert category.
Added.

CraZZ CFOP

WCA
2018HUGE02
For Budget/Great 3x3, I would recommend the Yuxin Kylin V2 M. Phil believes that it is better than the Little Magic M, the YJ MGC V1 and V2, and is equal to the MF3RS3M.

tomahawker314

hey guys back from yet another hiatus, currently have a thunderclap v1, considering getting a Huanglong m as i historically liked faster cubes, but im currently pretty garbage, averaging around 25 seconds again and relearning the 20ish olls i've forgotten so I'm just wondering if it is worth the upgrade?

CraZZ CFOP

WCA
2018HUGE02
If you could afford it, buy it.
P.S. I would personally recommend something like the mf3rs2m or the gts2m, but the huanglong m is a good choice.