• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
I personally buy from thecubicle.

Why?:

However, you can argue (and probably rightfully so) that SCS is the same.

So why does it matter to me? Because thecubicle is always creating new things. They "created" magnets, ridiculous lubes that work, coated rubiks cubes, and those things that allow you to put magnets in SQ-1 and mega. And tried so many things to get to what they have now, maglev, boron, and countless other things. The don't want to make a quick buck, all about creating a better speedcube, not settling for good.
Maglev wasn't sold :( gotta DIY
Boron wasn't either :(
Coated cubes are too expensive :(

CarterK

WCA
2015KUCA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Compared to the angstrom products, the Cosmic and Supernova lines are going to be cheaper (especially the supernova) and I can tell you a little about both.

Cosmic: Top quality version. They set it up to your liking and send it out. Cosmic cubes can be slow out of the box, but that fixes with break in.
Supernova: They set it up for you, but not as heavy as the cosmic version.

I can't tell you that much about angstrom. Overall, you can't go wrong with any of these, and they're all good. Cosmic and Supernova are a little cheaper though.

What cube specifically are you looking at?

RedJack22

YouTube
Visit Channel
Now I am biased, having not used and Angstrom puzzle, and being sponsored by SpeedCubeShop, but Cosmic Cubes really are fantastic cubes! I have a GTS2M that I've put well over 100 solves (at least; I can't say for sure), and it is still lubed amazingly, to the point that it's gummy when I pick it up after not using it for a while. I've had great experience with Cosmic cubes, and they are really good if you want a professionally set up cube!

L

lucarubik

got my cubes yesterday, two days under thecubicle's best case estimation, mad kudos

moyu weilong gts3m with its original lube: 6/10 too much elasticity, even with the springs in the short position the cube is uncontrolable, its like trying to roll a ball to the small flat area of a ramp that is super steep at the beggening, and flatens gradually, the range of strenght that will give you a nice result is way thinner than the one that would make you over or undersohoot

gan air 354 on its original lube: 8/10 still too much elasticity, but this time you can fix it with the stronger springed nuts, with a cost of speed tho. Also too small, i struggle to get my index finger into the s slice, not because its fat, but because its awkard, but if it was fat that would be a problem aswell

yuxin huanglong 3x3 on cfs: 5/7 best possible score, just an outsanding piece of hardware, even tho the cube woobles when you hold it, wich i dont mind at all, the layers are more controllable when you spin them that, i can see the the lose feel being a problem in hard fingertricks, a problem that magnets might be able to fix maybe? i wont risk sticking them in mine yet, the middle slices are too nice

kung fu longyuang 3x3 on cfs: 2/10 too much cheap feeling, its like the layers spin around a cube instead of a ball, when doing U' R' the cube tends to do U' U instead, also its slower than any of the above, and the red face is kinda fucsia, outside of the valoration the cube has insane value for 3.99

the valorations are relative, 5/7 is not the perfect cube and 0/10 is not one that is impossible to turn.

*oh yeah the valk 3 with 2x4 35N magnets and CFS would be a 7/10, too slow

edit; the springs being too hard is not the problem of the elastic feel, might be the lube, or the magnets, maybe the ridges of the gts make the corners too heavy? idk. either way the averages i've done with the cubes match my scores with shocking precision, except maybe the valk 3, wich might be more like an 8 or a 9 even

Last edited by a moderator:
L

lucarubik

I bought enough for a lifetime in a placed called leroy merlin if you have those a long while ago. It says made in holland. I thought it was popular enough

Attachments

• 20180807_204244.jpg
    20180807_204244.jpg
    715.1 KB · Views: 9

SauceObtainer

YouTube
Visit Channel
Compared to the angstrom products, the Cosmic and Supernova lines are going to be cheaper (especially the supernova) and I can tell you a little about both.

Cosmic: Top quality version. They set it up to your liking and send it out. Cosmic cubes can be slow out of the box, but that fixes with break in.
Supernova: They set it up for you, but not as heavy as the cosmic version.

I can't tell you that much about angstrom. Overall, you can't go wrong with any of these, and they're all good. Cosmic and Supernova are a little cheaper though.

What cube specifically are you looking at?
you know nxn puzzles like 2x2-5x5

Lux

Hi guys! I'm thinking about getting a new 3x3. Since I don't have the possiblity to try cubes, I'm asking you here. From the reviews I watched and the cube prices, I'm oriented towards: 1) valk3, 2) weilong gts2 and 3)yuxin huanglong M. I'm a little bit of a rough turner. What should I get?
Thank you guys!

Last edited:

Lux

All good options. If your a rough turner then the Hunaglong is probably not a good option. What is your current main?
Thunderclap V2. The problem that I have with this cube is that is a little unstable if I loose it or too tight if I tighten it and anyway I'd like an upgrade or something better. If you want to suggest me something else go ahead! Thank you @Duncan Bannon for replying!
P.s. I'd prefer a smaller size like 55 mm or so, but that is the last thing.

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thunderclap V2. The problem that I have with this cube is that is a little unstable if I loose it or too tight if I tighten it and anyway I'd like an upgrade or something better. If you want to suggest me something else go ahead! Thank you @Duncan Bannon for replying!
P.s. I'd prefer a smaller size like 55 mm or so, but that is the last thing.
I would recommend the MF3RS2M. Its really cheap and it fits a lot of turning styles quite well. I'm a pretty light turner and I like the GTS2. If you like faster cubes then get a little magic M. If you like slower cubes then get the MF3RS2M. Both are great options if you are a rough turner and they are also at a pretty good price. The YJ MGC is also a pretty good choice if you don't want to break the bank. And the 2 Valks are good if you are rough at turning. Avoid the HuangLong due to your turning style, but the GTS2 And Gans SM Might be good if you can adapt to them

Reactions: Lux

Jiffy Jofan

My perfect cube would be a weilong gts 3m that needed less lube and with something similar to rubiks tiles, with slightly weaker magnets.
And of course, below $25

Lux

I would recommend the MF3RS2M. Its really cheap and it fits a lot of turning styles quite well. I'm a pretty light turner and I like the GTS2. If you like faster cubes then get a little magic M. If you like slower cubes then get the MF3RS2M. Both are great options if you are a rough turner and they are also at a pretty good price. The YJ MGC is also a pretty good choice if you don't want to break the bank. And the 2 Valks are good if you are rough at turning. Avoid the HuangLong due to your turning style, but the GTS2 And Gans SM Might be good if you can adapt to them
Thank you! It was very helpful! Have a good day :)

neeamradia

I have a cubicle labs Valk M. I would now like to setup a cube myself. I would like to get the gan 354 M. What lubes should I use?

EDIT: I prefer faster but quieter cubes.

Last edited by a moderator:

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
I have a cubicle labs Valk M. I would now like to setup a cube myself. I would like to get the gan 354 M. What lubes should I use?
EDIT: I prefer faster but quieter cubes.
For lubes, if you want a fast and really good lube then I would recommend the DNM-37 from thecubical.us. I know that SpeedCubeShop has a fast/runnier lube, but I cannot remember which one it is. I have the DNM-37 and is works great, especially in speeding the cube(s) up.

Also, if you want a quite cube, the Valk Power M is pretty quite, espcially compared to the YLM, Valk M, MF3RS2 etc.

Trexrush1

WCA
2013MAZU02
The Yuxin Haunglong M is somewhat quiet and very fast. For lubes, put like 3- 4 drops for the feel and loudness, then 1-2 drops of DNM for the speed.

Just use 500cst from your local RC shop. It's equivalent to weight 1 if you're lazy, versatile as it can be used as both a core lube and piece lube, though keep in mind that you can run out quickly

Zachary Weeks

I saw that this thread is good for asking questions about new cubes, so I have 1 . Is the Gan 354m good or not, and what nuts are best on it

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
I saw that this thread is good for asking questions about new cubes, so I have 1 . Is the Gan 354m good or not, and what nuts are best on it
I do not own a Gans 354 M, but I have tried several, and so I would say that it is a great cube to get. As far as springs go, I do not know what the best one is, but I do know that it can vary by person as to which springs they like best, so I would recommend that you try a few different ones out and see what you prefer. And again I do not have the cube, so I do not know much about the springs, but I do know that the cube is really good.

Additionally, check out this thread for the best up to date cubes on the market; https://www.speedsolving.com/forum/...cubes-on-the-market.70815/page-2#post-1300737

I hope that this help, and please ask more questions, if you have them.