• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

OLL trainer

Roman

WCA
2012STRA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
After 6 years of cubing I decided it's time to learn full OLL. So I made this tool:

https://bestsiteever.ru/oll

There's a table with 57 cases grouped by shapes that you can mark for practicing:

ptApJ0MSx6o.jpg

During the session, you can click on the case name to get the picture, the setup, the alg (from Feliks' cubeskills PDF) and an alternative alg.
IOkpY1Gbhl4.jpg
utEr7CIYGKg.jpg
  • Spacebar to control the timer;
  • Delete to delete last result;
  • Shift+delete to clear the session.

As always, there's a GitHub repository and, since it's pure JS, you can download the offline version.
Many thanks to @Lars Petrus for the Birdflu website that I used for obtaining the algs and @Faz for the cubeskills where I actually learned the OLL (suggested algs are also from cubeskills).
Feel free to leave your thoughts there and happy practicing!

Last edited:

Roman

WCA
2012STRA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Have you tried scraping the algs from Birdflu? (Maybe @Lars Petrus can also help with providing the algs directly?)

What I need is not just a lot of random algs for each case, but instead every existing alg up to 13 moves long which will be filtered afterwards. If the full set already exist somewhere, please lead me to this place :)

xyzzy

What I need is not just a lot of random algs for each case, but instead every existing alg up to 13 moves long which will be filtered afterwards. If the full set already exist somewhere, please lead me to this place :)
https://birdflu.lar5.com/ has every LL alg up to 17 moves long, and you can filter it to specific OLL cases with the selector thingy at the top. (There are some duplicates because of symmetry, but I don't think that should be a big problem.)

Roman

WCA
2012STRA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
https://birdflu.lar5.com/ has every LL alg up to 17 moves long, and you can filter it to specific OLL cases with the selector thingy at the top. (There are some duplicates because of symmetry, but I don't think that should be a big problem.)

Exactly what I need!
Meh, I guess the only way to discover these websites is posting to SS asking people to generate algs for you...

CLL Smooth

WCA
2012LOET01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've been using your ZBLL trainer and I love it! I've been wondering if an OLLCP trainer would be too much trouble. I'd help with this but I'm horrible with computers.

I really enjoyed using this trainer to learn and practise OLL, could we get programs for more alg sets like C(M/O)LL or VLS? I'm learning WV at the moment and I really miss having a program like this to properly practise the algs I've learned.

Maruf99

After 6 years of cubing I decided it's time to learn full OLL. So I made this tool:

https://bestsiteever.ru/oll

There's a table with 57 cases grouped by shapes that you can mark for practicing:

ptApJ0MSx6o.jpg

During the session, you can click on the case name to get the picture, the setup, the alg (from Feliks' cubeskills PDF) and an alternative alg.
IOkpY1Gbhl4.jpg
utEr7CIYGKg.jpg
  • Spacebar to control the timer;
  • Delete to delete last result;
  • Shift+delete to clear the session.

As always, there's a GitHub repository and, since it's pure JS, you can download the offline version.
Many thanks to @Lars Petrus for the Birdflu website that I used for obtaining the algs and @Faz for the cubeskills where I actually learned the OLL (suggested algs are also from cubeskills).
Feel free to leave your thoughts there and happy practicing!
I know it should be a good one but I just came from there.but when I put the scramble for oll my f2l and cross is not even finished plz fix it or tell me how to fix it plzzzzz

Ayce

If there is a "remove last solve button" that would help a ton!

SylenixFR

Hello,
I'm learning and training my OLL with the tool and it's very nice to use.
It seems to be improvable with the randomness of the cases because I always get one case that appear after all other cases appeared 10/15 times. So I can't train them correctly.
Thank you again it's really helpful !

GAN Lover

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello,
I'm learning and training my OLL with the tool and it's very nice to use.
It seems to be improvable with the randomness of the cases because I always get one case that appear after all other cases appeared 10/15 times. So I can't train them correctly.
Thank you again it's really helpful !
There is a better trainer now on jperm.net.

SylenixFR

The scramble algs seems shorter in OLL Trainer and you can quickly chose cases. I mean, it's more intuitive and fast to use on my side.