• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Takao is a great guy. I've been to a lot of competitions with him, a number of years ago. For a while there, he would travel almost anywhere in the USA that held square-1. And he's the first person I know to have solved a square-1 BLD; he did it speedBLD style, in less than 15 minutes!

bubbagrub

WCA
2013COPP01

In last year's FMC in the Cubing World Championship, I also got 32, 32, 32 for an average of 32, and came 32nd...

FyTp86c.png

Last edited:

bubbagrub

WCA
2013COPP01
Apparently @Tao Yu nemesises more people than Martin Vaedele Edgal in Europe? :eek:
If you're basing that on Nemesizer, it looks like there's a bug whereby it gets confused between China and Ireland for Tao. Martin's results should be right, but I think Tao's are wrong... I'll take a look later and see if I can fix that.

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
It is impressive to see that he attended 103 competitions and didn't even care to solve a 3x3 in a single one of them. Since 2014 he dropped Megaminx and is doing Square-1 exclusively. :eek:
I know your post is a little old, but as I was looking at the WCA website I came across the results from Yucheng Chen and your post reminded of his results, in which he has been to 42 competition with no 3x3 result: https://www.worldcubeassociation.org/persons/2015CHEN49

AvGalen

Premium Member
Rotterdam (actually Capelle aan den IJssel), the N
WCA
2006GALE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Has anybody known to be lgbt+ ever made it to 3x3 finals in US nationals?
Cubing doesn't discriminate. lgbt+ or straight, you probably won't make it into the 3x3x3 finals in US nationals unless you practice a whole lot which is not influenced by your orientation/gender ;)
I am also pretty sure this isn't registered in anyplace where we get stats from.

If there is anyone in particular that you liked from the 3x3x3 finals in US nationals but that would need to be lgbt+ for the two of you to have a chance, I would suggest to contact them in private ;)

Checks history, :eek:, I made it to the B Final in US Open 2007...close enough :p