• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Is Sub-15 good for ~9-10 months of cubing? (3x3)

Mellis Ferton

I started cubing back in February 2017, and my first ever time was ~3:20. I soon improved quickly and getting around 1:50 - 1:30.

I got my PB down to 1:01, and then the next solve I broke my Rubik's Brand. I couldn't cube for around 1 1/2 months. And then, in April, I got another cube. I went to school, and got my first sub-1. Then my first sub-50... sub-40. I didn't get below 30 until June, when I got a 28.28. Around a couple weeks later I got a 21.xx. My PB held until September, when I got my 2nd ever speedcube (Gans 356 Air UM) and got a 20.04. But that didn't last long, I got my first sub-20 solve. My PB then went down to 14.31(with an F sexy F' pll skip) My PB broke with a 12.47 solve, then a 11.07... and then now, 10.62. But my averages lowered too, with my first sub-20 being on the bus home (lol) in October :D. I have learned 19/21 PLL's, 20/57 OLL's, and Intuitive F2L.

If you can tell me if that's good or not, I'd appreciate it. I'm a little curious to see what your opinions are.

YouTube
Visit Channel
There really isn't a standard on how fast people improve (someone correct me if I'm wrong), everyone improves at different rates and at different times. I've been cubing for about a year and a half and I average about 17-18 seconds with a pb single of 13.22, so you have improved faster than me.
I improved quickly at first, then I hit a wall and got stuck at 20 seconds for about 6 months.

cuber314159

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Norther...
WCA
2016EVAN06
YouTube
Visit Channel
Very good improvement, Feliks got sub10 in 18 months apparently (but at the time that was WR)
If I had improved that fast i recon I would be sub8 by now, shame my first twoish years of cubing were with Rubik's brands and no exposure to speedcubing. What's funny is that even with no exposure to speedcubing, I still tried to solve quickly and I tried OH and feet with a Rubik's brand.

Mellis Ferton

What is your definition of sub 15?
average
I'd say yes. I improve very slowly, but it took me over a year to get sub-30.
Thanks! :) (big fan btw)
Very good improvement, Feliks got sub10 in 18 months apparently (but at the time that was WR)
If I had improved that fast i recon I would be sub8 by now, shame my first twoish years of cubing were with Rubik's brands and no exposure to speedcubing. What's funny is that even with no exposure to speedcubing, I still tried to solve quickly and I tried OH and feet with a Rubik's brand.
well, that's my goal lol. sub-10 in 18 months. got 8 more to go

WCA
2017MEYY01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I started cubing back in February 2017, and my first ever time was ~3:20. I soon improved quickly and getting around 1:50 - 1:30.

I got my PB down to 1:01, and then the next solve I broke my Rubik's Brand. I couldn't cube for around 1 1/2 months. And then, in April, I got another cube. I went to school, and got my first sub-1. Then my first sub-50... sub-40. I didn't get below 30 until June, when I got a 28.28. Around a couple weeks later I got a 21.xx. My PB held until September, when I got my 2nd ever speedcube (Gans 356 Air UM) and got a 20.04. But that didn't last long, I got my first sub-20 solve. My PB then went down to 14.31(with an F sexy F' pll skip) My PB broke with a 12.47 solve, then a 11.07... and then now, 10.62. But my averages lowered too, with my first sub-20 being on the bus home (lol) in October :D. I have learned 19/21 PLL's, 20/57 OLL's, and Intuitive F2L.

If you can tell me if that's good or not, I'd appreciate it. I'm a little curious to see what your opinions are.
That is amazing holy cow it took me over a year to get sub-45 and I am super close to sub 40.