• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[WR] Anuar Miguel Abib Onofre 8.04 Square-1 Average

Gomorrite

Awesome! I am always attracted to the idea that someone might be practicing "in the shadows" and then suddenly appear out of nowhere and break a World Record.

I also like how specialized he is in Square-1. None of his results in other events indicate that he is nowhere near top level, but by focusing in one event he has improved so much in so little time.

U

Underwatercuber

also like how specialized he is in Square-1. None of his results in other events indicate that he is nowhere near top level, but by focusing in one event he has improved so much in so little time.
Plenty of people specialize in one event and get good at it quickly. My friend also does sqone and mainly focuses on that. He chokes pretty hard at comps though :p

Isaac Lai

WCA
2015LAII01
Probably not cuz he can't do all his CSP tracking that fast and parity would definitely add 5+ seconds per attmempt

Parity doesn’t take 5 seconds lol

4 cubes*1/2 chance of parity=2 parities/attempt on average. That is still probably a little much, maybe under +3.5 seconds if all possible odd parity EP cases are known.

He knows CSP, so tracing probably takes more than 5 seconds.

U

Underwatercuber

4 cubes*1/2 chance of parity=2 parities/attempt on average. That is still probably a little much, maybe under +3.5 seconds if all possible odd parity EP cases are known.
Oh when you said per attempt I thought you meant per cube not for the whole thing :p