• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] Hi all

Cuber Chris

Hi guys. I'm Chris from the UK. I first solved the 3x3 in 2010. Once I could solve it in about a minute I was happy so carried on with other cubes. I can now solve 2x2, 3x3, 4x4, 5x5, 6x6, 7x7, 8x8, 3x3 mirror, ghost and void cubes, megaminx, gigaminx and pyraminx. Im now looking to improve my 3x3 time, ( got it down to about 40 seconds). So here I am, looking for tips from the REAL speedcubers ;)

Raven72

What method do you use to solve the 3 by 3??
started with Beginners LBL - but have been exploring Y-move, Phillip Marshall, Sexy Method, Less Is More and MIRIS - borrowing the best bits to find a solution that I can show to others

Cuber Chris

What method do you use to solve the 3 by 3??
I use 2 look CFOP. In the process of learning full CFOP. I've also been working on my fingertricks as my left hand sometimes feels lazy. The work is paying off though. Beat my old P.B last week. It's now 28.248 seconds :D

newtonbase

Premium Member
WCA
2015ADAM03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi guys. I'm Chris from the UK. I first solved the 3x3 in 2010. Once I could solve it in about a minute I was happy so carried on with other cubes. I can now solve 2x2, 3x3, 4x4, 5x5, 6x6, 7x7, 8x8, 3x3 mirror, ghost and void cubes, megaminx, gigaminx and pyraminx. Im now looking to improve my 3x3 time, ( got it down to about 40 seconds). So here I am, looking for tips from the REAL speedcubers ;)
Hi @Cuber Chris Have you considered competing?

newtonbase

Premium Member
WCA
2015ADAM03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi I have thought about it but i dont think my 3x3 times are competitive enough yet. And the other cubes I can solve I don't really do for speed. Maybe when my times are better I might give it a go. Have you ever competed?
Yes. A few times. Competitions are good fun and a great way to meet fellow cubers and learn new things. I was around your speed when I started. I'm not much faster now to be honest. I only practice blind. Setting a slow time just gives you an easier target to beat next time and you won't come last at 40s. There's 3 days left to register for the UK Championships at the end of the month and there's also Weston-super-Mare at the end of November. I'll be at both.

Cuber Chris

Yes. A few times. Competitions are good fun and a great way to meet fellow cubers and learn new things. I was around your speed when I started. I'm not much faster now to be honest. I only practice blind. Setting a slow time just gives you an easier target to beat next time and you won't come last at 40s. There's 3 days left to register for the UK Championships at the end of the month and there's also Weston-super-Mare at the end of November. I'll be at both.
I'll probably give it a miss this year. They're both a couple of hours drive away and I don't fancy driving all that way to get a 40s solve haha. Maybe next year. Good luck in the comps though. Hope you do well.