• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Vote and discuss] Who will beat Maskow's 41/41 first?

Who(except Maskow) will beat 41/41 officially?

• Total voters

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think that kamil (40/43 in 58.06) has a pretty good chance too, since he has some MBLD competitions coming up too.

Though I do hope that Mark gets it since he has been one of the best. first second to sup 30 points was pretty cool.
Also, I've seen him compete in person before too.

AlphaSheep

WCA
2014GRAY03
Mark and Shivam are both capable of reaching the numbers but haven't had the best accuracy in the past. Both are getting their accuracy up though, so it's only a matter of time. Yucheng is close, but I get the feeling he's a little behind Shivam and Mark in terms of speed. Kaijun has accuracy, but it seems he doesn't quite have the numbers yet (largest official attempt was 33, other three have all tried 42+ cubes). Tom has quite a long way to go still compared to the others, and also gets fewer comp opportunities.

WCA
2013CABR01
First off, Maskow's 49/50 was from 2014

Second off, Maskow has had several attempts since the 49/50 at breaking his WR and still wasn't able to do it. just because he's competing for the first time in a year doesn't mean he will miraculously be able to do it.

Third off, I choose Mark because I'm going to be at a comp with him next week and I want to believe that I had something to do with it.

Sajwo

WCA
2012SZEW01
YouTube
Visit Channel
First off, Maskow's 49/50 was from 2014

Second off, Maskow has had several attempts since the 49/50 at breaking his WR and still wasn't able to do it. just because he's competing for the first time in a year doesn't mean he will miraculously be able to do it.

Third off, I choose Mark because I'm going to be at a comp with him next week and I want to believe that I had something to do with it.

"Miraculously", lol. 50 points is pretty much nothing to him.

He has 3 attempts at Worlds by the way.

WCA
2013CABR01
"Miraculously", lol. 50 points is pretty much nothing to him.

He has 3 attempts at Worlds by the way.

First off if 50 points is nothing then why has he never gotten 50 points

second he has had 3 official attempts @ > 41 since his 49/50 and has failed every time

I'm not saying that he won't be able to break wr I'm just saying that there is just as good a chance that he could fail. All of my pessimism aside, I want to see him do well just as bad as anyone else.

WCA
2016DERO04
YouTube
Visit Channel
There is not much on his channel that convinces me he is a better multi-blinder than he was 2 years ago

While you're not wrong, I have the impression that you are underestimating the massive lead a well trained mnemonist who also happens to be very experienced in MBLD has over any other BLDers who might be just as experienced in the cubing field but not as much in the memory sports field.

Quoting Maskow himself:

"IMO solving 3BLD is easy. You can even be WR holder in 3BLD without any special knowledge about memory, because 3BLD is all about solving methods. Your memory isn't crucial because from one point everybody memorise one cube in the same amount of time.

In MBLD it's different. This event is all about memory and concentration. I spent last 6 years on learning how to memorise things better, I practiced not only cubes, but also numbers, cards, now I practice also words, names, faces, and many other things. I just feel like my opponents weren't interested much enough in memorisation process, they just wanted to solve the cubes. I have no idea how it works now, because honestly I don't know at all my current opponents, but this is how it was in the past."

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Cubers/com...lczyk/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=comment_list

WCA
2013CABR01
While you're not wrong, I have the impression that you are underestimating the massive lead a well trained mnemonist who also happens to be very experienced in MBLD has over any other BLDers who might be just as experienced in the cubing field but not as much in the memory sports field.

Quoting Maskow himself:

"IMO solving 3BLD is easy. You can even be WR holder in 3BLD without any special knowledge about memory, because 3BLD is all about solving methods. Your memory isn't crucial because from one point everybody memorise one cube in the same amount of time.

In MBLD it's different. This event is all about memory and concentration. I spent last 6 years on learning how to memorise things better, I practiced not only cubes, but also numbers, cards, now I practice also words, names, faces, and many other things. I just feel like my opponents weren't interested much enough in memorisation process, they just wanted to solve the cubes. I have no idea how it works now, because honestly I don't know at all my current opponents, but this is how it was in the past."

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Cubers/com...lczyk/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=comment_list
The thing that seems odd to me is that the memo training on his channel is always short attempts (<a minute) rather than longer endurance events, but maybe he only posts shorter events because 1 hour + attempts don't make interesting videos. Also, I expect pressure at the competition to play a big role in his success, since he hasn't competed officially for a while.