• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Did you write about the Rubik's Cube in your college application?

JChandlerKim

WCA
2017KIMJ03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Inspired by the postings here on reddit. Did anybody else write about the Rubik's Cube for their college application? I'm tempted to reach out to some contacts in the publishing world about a possible compilation of essays. I will probably reach out individually to some of those who already posted, but would anyone else be interested in their essay being included in such a project?

4Chan

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
I wrote about memory sports and how I was the first person to finish ZBLL.

I think it worked, I got into a pretty good school

oneshot

YouTube
Visit Channel
A loooong time ago for one of my college essays (when I was really into juggling) I wrote a creative piece about what it was like to be a juggling ball. I also got into a good school. I think anything that's not the same thing the people read over and over is good.