• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Square-1 Parity Algs

blade740

Mack Daddy
WCA
2007NELS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I do that in a different way than I do on 3x3 though. I usually do it by looking at blocks. For example, if there is a CEC block, I know that there cannot be another block (except for a j perm) for it not to have parity.

I'm not sure if you're mistaken or just disregarding a horrible parity case.

Dene said:
For example, I have particular trouble distinguishing E perm from what I will call "E parity"; I have to line up the edges to make sure it is one or the other.

Have you ever heard of the "three-color rule"?

http://www.cubestation.co.uk/cs2/index.php?page=3x3x3/cfop/cross/cross

Scroll about 2/3 of the way down.

deepSubDiver

Do you do lots of 3x3? If you have four edges wrong and it's not a Z or H perm, then it's an O or W perm (W perm has some opposite edges)
This is not exactly true. When I have an O-perm, they are in correct relation to each other. This means, I will have to add corners into my recognition. Detecting "3x3 PLLs" isn't the best method, I guess.

I also tried to detect patterns like Dan does but I have a weird system which doesnt work well, at least for me.

Any other ideas?

blade740

Mack Daddy
WCA
2007NELS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Do you do lots of 3x3? If you have four edges wrong and it's not a Z or H perm, then it's an O or W perm (W perm has some opposite edges)
This is not exactly true. When I have an O-perm, they are in correct relation to each other. This means, I will have to add corners into my recognition. Detecting "3x3 PLLs" isn't the best method, I guess.

If the corners are solved and the edges are correct in relation to each other, there are only 3 possibilities: solved, H perm, and O perm. You should be able to tell those three apart.

TobiasD

(Sorry for my English :p)

By Reason of the terrible ([-]x, -x) move (for me), I used the method in this thread.
I found 2 more algs (Inverted), which don't use this move, except of the last move.

NA: / (3, 3) / (1, 0) / (-2, 0) / (4, 0) / (-4, 0) / (-2, 0) / (-1, 0) / (-3, -3) (matching bar at DL)
OA: / (3, 3) / (1, 0) / (-2, 0) / (4, 0) / (-4, 0) / (-2, 0) / (5, 0) / (-3, -3) (matching bar at DR)

TobiasD

For NN I use the Adj-Alg (I do a normal Vandenbergh Solution at CP-Skip). I'm able to execute that algorithm in 4 Seconds.
For OO I currently use the "normal" Alg and then the Adj-Alg.

CubingBanana

WCA
2017LOND01
I'm so sorry. This hasn't been replied to for 6 1/2 years, but I need to know:

Is this for corner or edge? Because the edges don't seem to move, only the corners

DGCubes

WCA
2013GOOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm so sorry. This hasn't been replied to for 6 1/2 years, but I need to know:

Is this for corner or edge? Because the edges don't seem to move, only the corners

This solves parity during corner permutation instead of during edge permutation. The main pro to it is that it has less algs to learn, but now that cubeshape parity is a thing, this should probably be disregarded if you want to get world class.

Cuz Red

I'm really just posting this so that I can link to it instead of emailing the algs to everyone.

O: opposite
A: adjacent
N: no swap

AA: /(-3,0)/(-3,0)/(-5,0)/(-2,0)/(4,0)/(-4,0)/(-2,0)/(5,0)/(-3,0)/ (matching bars at UR and DL)
AN: /(3,3)/(-1,0)/(2,0)/(-4,0)/(4,0)/(2,0)/(1,0)/(-3,-3)/ (matching bar at UR)
AO: /(3,3)/(-1,0)/(2,0)/(-4,0)/(4,0)/(2,0)/(-5,0)/(-3,-3)/ (matching bar at UL)
NA: /(-3,-3)/(0,-5)/(-4,-2)/(-4,0)/(-4,0)/(2,-4)/(5,0)/(-3,-3)/ (matching bar at DR)
OA: /(-3,-3)/(0,-5)/(-4,-2)/(-4,0)/(-4,0)/(2,-4)/(-1,0)/(-3,-3)/ (matching bar at DL)
OO: /(3,3)/(1,0)/(4,-2)/(2,-4)/(0,-4)/(3,3)/(3,0)/(3,3)/
ON: /(3,3)/(-1,0)/(-4,2)/(-2,4)/(0,1)/(3,3)/
NO: /(3,3)/(-1,0)/-4,2)/(-2,4))/(0,-5)/(3,3)/

Basically, I recognize parity and corner permutation at the same time. If there is no parity, I do a standard corner permutation alg and continue with a normal vandenbergh solution. If there IS parity, I do the parity alg that corresponds with the corner permutation and then continue with a normal vandenbergh solution. Basically, this means that by learning a few extra CP algs, I can save myself from having to learn half of the EP algs (and the worse half, at that).

Algs generated with Jaap's wonderful sq1optim program.

Oh, bonus: the AA alg is 2gen, and was half of the secret to solving the bandaged square-1.
doesn’t even tell you how to hold it